Randy LaJoie Fired!

P

PettyBenson

Evans Motorsports announced this morning that Randy LaJoie driver of the #7 Kleenex Chevrolet Monte Carlo has been released from the team. Evans plans to try several different drivers in the #7 car over the next several weeks. NASCAR Winston Cup driver and the defending Busch Series champion Greg Biffle will drive at Daytona this week. Greg will also drive other select races for the remainder of the year. Expect Winston Cup veteran and this year’s only three time Busch Series winner Joe Nemechek to drive a few races as well.

-from bgnracing.com

Holy Craptacularism !!! I thought LaJoie was not doin bad to me. I hope the team can put a young driver in there, we need a lot more young guns in the Busch Series.

Now that is a huge surprise for me!! I thought Randy was not doing all that bad. He was not runnign like he was at BASAE motorsports but he was a soild top 10 or 15 finisher!

Biffle driving a chevy?! Didn't ford put up a big hissy fit when Biffle tried to frive a Dodge in the trucks earler this year! I have heard rumors that Biffle is out of the #16 at the end of the year could this be a little sign of things to come? I can see Joe taking the car from time to time becasue isn't he part owner in the team. I would sugest that Evan Motorsports possibly move into the same shop as Nemco. The Nemco teams are runnign strong but the 7 is not up to there level.

I wounder how Randy will be on Inside the Bush Sereis? Or if he will even be on the show! Kinda odd now that there 2 regular panleists are without a full time ride!

Wow I thought he was doing ok. But maybe ok is not good enought. :EEEEK:

101698.gif

Kinda funny lil comic I found to relate to this situation, although I doubt the sponsor wanted LaJoie out.

16th in points, 666 points out of 1st, 0 wins, 2 top 5's & 4 top 10's in 17 starts. Not really stellar numbers, but if he had a different last name...then he probably would still have a ride. :wacko:

Based on those stats, I can think of at least 10 drivers in Nextell Cup who should be without their rides. Job security in NASCAR is goin away fast...

Oh my gosh! He was good with them...that was a very dumb move in my mind!!!!

Randy got caught up in a lot of wrecks that were not his fault. This surprised the heck out of me. This can not be good for Randy. He very well may be headed to the trucks ala Bobby hamilton.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jun 30 2003, 11:10 AM
16th in points, 666 points out of 1st, 0 wins, 2 top 5's & 4 top 10's in 17 starts.  Not really stellar numbers, but if he had a different last name...then he probably would still have a ride.  :wacko:
You forget to take into account that in nearly every single one of the races, Randy was running in the top ten when he either got wrecked or had mechanical problems. What really gets me is Nemechek and Reutimann never had any mechanical problems, which makes me very suspicous. Randy has had the worst luck of anyone this year in any form of racing. My suspicions will be confirmed if the mechanical problems disappear with the new drivers.
There are several good rides that haven't run good at all this year. Hopefully one of those teams Randy and signs him. The #18, and #27 have teammates running in the top 5 every week while they're running outside the top 20. Put Randy in one of those cars and you'll get top 5s and wins. Wherever Randy ends up, I'm supporting him.

Randy has been the posterboy for the Busch Series in those commercials. I think the owner of the team is probably having a drinking bird do the decisions.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 30 2003, 04:29 PM
You forget to take into account that in nearly every single one of the races, Randy was running in the top ten when he either got wrecked or had mechanical problems. What really gets me is Nemechek and Reutimann never had any mechanical problems, which makes me very suspicous. Randy has had the worst luck of anyone this year in any form of racing.
i was about to say the same thing...

I think that he has had the worst luck of any driver this year in either busch or cup. I'm sure he'll find a ride, 2time busch champion looks pretty good on a resume...

Originally posted by park30fan+Jun 30 2003, 08:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Jun 30 2003, 08:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan@Jun 30 2003, 11:10 AM
16th in points, 666 points out of 1st, 0 wins, 2 top 5's & 4 top 10's in 17 starts.  Not really stellar numbers, but if he had a different last name...then he probably would still have a ride.  :wacko:
...... Randy was running in the top ten when he either got wrecked or had mechanical problems. What really gets me is Nemechek and Reutimann never had any mechanical problems, which makes me very suspicous. Randy has had the worst luck of anyone this year in any form of racing. My suspicions will be confirmed if the mechanical problems disappear with the new drivers."
[/b][/quote]
Just curious but what is meant by your being suspicious ?? Suspicious of what ?? What could be going on ?? Sabatoge ?? Hum. The plot thickens.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Whizzer+Jul 1 2003, 12:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whizzer @ Jul 1 2003, 12:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -park30fan@Jun 30 2003, 08:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan
@Jun 30 2003, 11:10 AM

...... Randy was running in the top ten when he either got wrecked or had mechanical problems. What really gets me is Nemechek and Reutimann never had any mechanical problems, which makes me very suspicous. Randy has had the worst luck of anyone this year in any form of racing. My suspicions will be confirmed if the mechanical problems disappear with the new drivers."
Just curious but what is meant by your being suspicious ?? Suspicious of what ?? What could be going on ?? Sabatoge ?? Hum. The plot thickens.
:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
It's just that I've never known Randy to be a driver who's hard on his equipment, and it seems extremely strange that he had so many mechanical problems and his two former teammates rarely ever had them. I'm not usually one of those crazy conspiracy theorists types,(I don't believe in the big plate theory) but Randy has had more mechanical problems this year then all his other years combined. Because of his driving style Biffle is someone who's going to tougher on his equipment, so, in theory, he should have more mechanical failures than Randy.

Back
Top Bottom