Rap music

Rap is in my generation. Eminem, Limp Biskit, Likin Park, Dre, D12. Some of those rock songs get stuck in my head though.

Don't have much use for Rap or HipHop music. Do like Kid Rock. Not much on the scream bands like Linkin Park. Hey I grew up on Deep Purple, Hendrix etc.

As a survivor of the mid 80's PMRC propoganda, I hesitate to dismiss any form of music. I was threatened with expulsion from school for my long hair, KISS tour shirts, and outspoken opinions. Having said that, I see very little to like with most rap. Granted, I ain't listened to much, it doesn't float my boat. But what I have heard is 99% garbage IMO. I'll stick to my hair bands, bluegrass, and classic rock thankyouverymuch.

I like a lot of rap and hip hop, including Public Enemy and the Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, NWA, the Fugees, Lauryn Hill, and Mary J. Blige. Nothing too new or cutting edge, though. :)

I've always been a pretty big hip-hop fan.

Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, Q-Tip.

Never been big into misogynistic or violent lyrics. The bands I listed above talk an awful lot about peace and spiritual growth.

Well, The Beastie Boys weren't very peaceful on Licensed To Ill, but they changed their ways.

You gotta fight..........for your right.........to PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

2/3 of the Beastie Boys are from Brooklyn, so I almost had to like them. They are utterly ridiculous, and that's why I like them so much! Some of their lyrics are misogynistic, but it doesn't bother me any. They're not meant to be taken seriously.

Kinda like the Dead Milkmen. :)

NOT.........

Just give some Blues, Country, Classic Rock. I do like some classical music and most Southern Rock as well.

Hey!
I do not like you college brat
I do not like you and your frat
I do not like you at the shore
I do not like you drunk on Coors
I do not like your average life
I hope you do not take a wife
I hope you don't decide to breed
Cause that's one thing I do not need

I do not like you radical
I hate you and your fancy school
You're wrong about the working class
I hope they kick your Harvard ass
I do not like this world of ours
I'd rather live on planet Mars
And die from lack of oxygen
Than breathe the air of other men

You rock, Paul! That is one of my favorite Milkmen songs of all time!!!

I always preferred the Ramones to the Milkmen. Both were cool though.

Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em,
That I got no cerebellum.

Sheer poetry. :D

Oh, I love the Ramones too. Saw them by myself once at the old Ritz in NYC (for anyone here who might know it). Got knocked down by moshers around 4 or 5 times, but helped to my feet each time by friendly, muscular Ramones fans. Great show!! :D

RIP, Joey. :(

Saw the Milkmen at least twice, back in the day. Some dumbass jumped on stage and snatched Rodney Anonymous's hat, and promptly jumped back off the stage and onto my head. When I woke up, the entire crowd had run from the club, chasing Rodney who was chasing the dude with his hat. Had other people's blood on my shirt after that show. Another winner! ;)

Oh my, Paul. I didn't know he died until you just mentioned it. That really sucks.

RIP Dee Dee Ramone. :(

Yeah, I found another article on cnn.com. I don't know how I managed to miss that news, considering where I work.

Another rock star dead of a drug overdose. While it's fitting and all, I was hoping some of them might outgrow the whole fast life/glamour/drug thing already. Such a shame.

yeppers i like some rap--eminem, jayz, p diddy (not aLL rap is violent ex. will smith he's cool too) ill also like the rock/ rap stuff too!

I can't stand any of that "music" you listed zoe. :p

IMO, it's all just mass produced fluff - here today and gone tomorrow.

I must confess a slight affinity for Eminem's latest single. Pretty catchy. Don't ask me the name of the song, though. I'm sure someone here knows what I mean.

i dont listen to all that much--i go to an "inter-city" school so im going to hear it a lot, some of it just has grown on me. but im more of a "rock type" fan then any thing!

Damn, I didn't know DeeDee punted out either. Half the Ramones gone now...sad.

(How did we turn this from a rap thread to a punk thread?)

I find myself listening to more and more country. It's got a lot cleaner lyrics. And country can just be downright fun.

CCR, Bob Seger, Golden Earring, Little River Band, REO Speedwagon, Led Zefflin, Iron Bufferfly..........any of those rappers?:)

Dang, Lappy how far back did you have to go to dig this up?:)

I used to kinda like the real early rap like "Grand Master Flash and the Furius Five" and "Sugar Hill", but just about everything else I've heard since just sucks.

Now punk..."The Dead Kennedy's" and some of those guys really did rock. And the Ramones had some very cool stuff. Rock n' Roll High School was a classic movie.

Not really into rap, Black Sabbath, Metallica, old Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Slayer, Nirvana, Deftones, I could sit here all day listing bands lol

Back
Top Bottom