Rate Fox Trax

Does Fox Trax add to your race viewing experience or, do you think it is a distraction?

• Yes, I like Fox Trax (please explain why).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think Fox Trax is retarded and has ADD (no explanations necessary).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
W

Windsor377

Is it just me, or is Fox Trax an out of control distraction? Does a bunch of criss crossing pointers give you a better understanding of the action out on the track? It is beyond me. Please, if you get anything out of it, could you explain?

Thanks.

LOL...nice poll choice.

Anyway...no...it's pretty stupid. In fact nearly everything in the entire FOX telecast is stupid with the exception of Mike Joy. I'd be surprised if he renew's his contract...he's supposed to be the play by play guy but is constantly drowned out by the two has been Jr cheerleaders.

No it is a stupid gimmick that serves no purpose what so ever. It just clutters up the screen.

wait I take that back, without it DW, Larry,and whatshisname would have no idea what position the drivers are in and who's gaining on who. So it helps the guys in the booth look semi-knowledgable.

Edison you're right about the Trax thing...but wrong about Mike Joy. He's one of the very best race announcers of all time. However NASCAR fans want to listen to DW prattle on about Jr instead so he gets drowned out.

If you actually listen to Mike when he's able to fit something in, it's usually a real astute observation...and is usually critical of the other two ass clowns but in a subtle way.

I dont like fox trax at all.Scrap it.

In fact,since the departure of 'married with children' and the 'x-files',fox itself pretty much sux.PARTICULARLY DW.I didnt like him as a driver and like him even less now.McReynolds(Ensley high school, Al.grad)has grammer that makes my old red-neck ears hurt!Next to those two Wally looks like a genetic engineer!Bring on NBC.

Mike Joy is ok.And I even like Bestwick at NBC.ANYBODY but Jaws!

It is actually one of the few things I like about Fox's coverage. But only when it is used certain ways. I think it is interesting to see where people are gaining and losing speeds in each turn when there is a battle for first place going on at the end. It helps to figure out if a guy has enough time to catch the leader when used properly. It is often used like John Madden's telestrator though. Just another way to get DW's verbal diarrhea headed in the right direction, usually to no avail.

FOX is getting stale.
i thought i'd never say this...BRING ON NBC/TNT!
i agree that DW & Big-Mac do nothing but pimp jr.
but it's still better than NBC pimping jeffy gordon every race.

I said Yes, but I really don't even think about it. I guess I like it...I have no reason not to.

I like the fox trax! When there is a bunch of lapped cars in with the lead lap cars it helps point out who is who and where they are. I also like looking at the info they out in it like the MPH. Seconds behind, postion etc.

---- added after reading all posts
I also disagree about DW and Larry only talking about Jr.
Yes they do talk about Jr, but to be honest thats what about half the fans want to hear about, not me.
I like all 3 of the guys in the booth plus Jeff and the pit guys and gal. The only person I don't like at Fox is Chris Myers, i belive he was an all sport guy put into the host chair for the races. They should have gotten someone who knew a little bit more about racing and that some of the fans knew

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Apr 27 2003, 11:44 PM
I like the fox trax! When there is a bunch of lapped cars in with the lead lap cars it helps point out who is who and where they are. I also like looking at the info they out in it like the MPH. Seconds behind, postion etc.
Maybe...just maybe...I know I'm being REAL silly to think something like this...but here goes:

Maybe the announcers could tell us those things? You think that might work?

Nah...I must be crazy.

I can't stand Fox Trax. Even worse is NBC's version with the bubbles that hover over the cars :bleh:

Ditto Gordon24fan, and thanks all. I agree the potential for information is there. But panning way back so you can fit the Foxtrax in and having them criss cross and sometiimes point to nowhere or the grandstands is a little counter productive. Also, the mph info is not really apples to apples. Without knowing the cycle refresh and where exactly on the track those numbers relate to, it's really not telling the facts.

In the "olden" days, "you got" trap speeds at a given point on the straights and split times at various locations around the track, as well as lap times. It's real easy to place that info at the bottom of the screen or at the top where the stupid "doobly, doobly, doobly" run down is presented.

In seems like a simple and obvious fix...I sure hope someone "figures" it our someday soon.

Thanks again for the responses. I'm glad someone is getting something out of it...but I still think it could be better.

i like it. in fact i like fox and fx. dont relly like NBC.

i will say they dont have good post race stuff, but allthat has gone down hill since 1995.

Back
Top Bottom