Rate The 2016 Racing Season

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
8 It was for the most part a fun and exciting season and I looked forward to each race as usual.

6 It was a step in the right direction but pretty far from the good seasons of old. I would say the previous two season were somewhere around a 5 just for comparison sake.

7. Some racing improvement, still an excessive number of race-deciding cautions thrown at the whim of BF/race control.

9.25. The best racing in many years on the downforce tracks and good as always on the short tracks. A truly excellent year of racing, marred slightly by too many races with Toyota domination. A little more Ford speed, please, to make it damn near perfect.

I have to agree there were some questionable yellow flags, ut quite a few less than in prior years. That was an improvement, though still mote room to improve.

Unfortunately due to time restraints I only got to watch a couple of races this year, but they were awesome races, especially Homestead. I guess I'm a little easier pleased then some fans on here...but that's ok it seems to work for me.:)

6.5 NASCAR needs to come up with a solution to the "clean air" dilemma. Maybe I am too old school to expect this, but clean air should not be a reason for someone to win a race in my opinion.

5/10 Some of the races were unbearable to watch. Get rid of Indy. It's never had good stock car racing consistently. Goodyear really needs to soften the compound in their tires to bring pit strategy a little more to the forefront.

6.5 NASCAR needs to come up with a solution to the "clean air" dilemma. Maybe I am too old school to expect this, but clean air should not be a reason for someone to win a race in my opinion.
Reversing the laws of physics might be beyond their reach.

10. I'm easy. I love the **** out of this sport. Just love it. Toyota wins the Manufacturer's Title, Jimmie wills it, Joey and Brad fast with less motor than everybody. Fabulous.

8.5 not the best season but not the worst season either.There was some great races this year which even out from the bad ones

10 but remember JGS RHR AND SHR need cash flow revenue from race wins to keep series going past 2024, so they added downforce to win it is for good of sport.

9.5. First season of watching NASCAR and it won't be my last.

I wish I could clone both you and Revman as Nascar needs enthusiastic and unapologetic fans like you guys. I remember back in the 80's when I got my first real season of Nascar under my belt and I was pumped up too! I only wish Nascar would have been televised in the 60's and 70's.

While aero can't be eliminated its negative impact on racing can be mitigated and figuring out this dilemma should be job 1. We sent man to the moon almost 50 years ago and defied gravity and all sorts of other things so figuring out this problem is doable provided the will to do so is present and the right people are available to work on it.

10 for the two races that I attended.
Really didn't care about the other races.
NASCAR is dying and Brian doesn't care.
I'm going to watch fewer and fewer races as the gimmicks increase.
I'm terribly disappointed with NASCAR.

I won't rate the season but I know I would enjoy things much more if races were allowed to just plain happen and play out normally as opposed to Nascar's frequent interventions. I know that in the world of sports the type of shenanigans Nascar pulls would cause everyone from fans, league officials and bookies to riot but obvious race manipulations and inconsistencies don't cause most of Nascar's fans to bat an eyelash. In fact it is expected!

10 for the two races that I attended.
Really didn't care about the other races.
NASCAR is dying and Brian doesn't care.
I'm going to watch fewer and fewer races as the gimmicks increase.
I'm terribly disappointed with NASCAR.

I know Nascar wants parity but trying to force it to happen through gimmicks and manipulations has just made it a mockery.

Back
Top Bottom