Rate The 2018 Cup Season.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, beginning to end.
Me too. 9.5

If the Penske and Hendrick guys had found their competitive speed earlier in the year, I'd be rating 2018 a perfect 10. As it was, with the 4 and 18 having a leg up for much of the year, it still was a fantastic year of skill-based low downforce racing... as good as Nascar's on-track product has ever been. I'm disappointed that Nascar has decided to change completely their philosophy of low downforce/high power racing into something the exact opposite..:(

7.5 I watched more racing this year than I watched the past 5, I thought the racing was much better.

I think I can go a 7.25 as I really enjoyed some of the races this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 overall but the last half of the year, other than the points system, reminded me of the early 2000s heyday

Last edited by a moderator:
6 sounds like a good number, not really passing, not quite failing.
Enjoyed Daytona, but the rest of the spring races just sucked, with talladega and martinsville being the absolute worst races I’ve ever seen at those tracks. After Sonoma, it improved a bit, Chicago had one of their better races, Watkins Glenn, Bristol, Indy, Kansas, and martinsville were good races.

8. Racing has been just as good as it has been, fans like to whine & casuals don't care about auto racing anymore.

7. Great racing but god there was hardly any drama between the drivers. Need something to spice it up a bit

8. not so hot at the beginning but got much better as the season progressed.
Of course it ended perfect. :D

8.5 Couldn't ask for a better ending!! My condolences to NBC and their BIG 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll go with 8. There were a lot of great races this year, mixed in with a few stinkers of course.

8.627 better than I expected. Three dominant cars, then the underdog won it all.

wins apiece by the winningest drivers. Honestly, great season. Wish I could have watched more of it, especially in the second-half of the season. Had a lot going on.

9 Tremendous racing, great fun. Would have been a 10 had Ford not been thrown the bone, but what the hell. Damn near beat the sons of bitches anyway. Can't wait for next year and a bigger spoiler for Rodney. He must be licking his chops.

I’ve taken some time to mull it over. I give it an 8. Enjoyed the Big 3 battle the early part and middle of the year while the 22 and 9 caught up to those guys at the end. I’m nervous for next year and the aero package but I was entertained this past year. It was cool to see KDB and Harvick have career years, they were the best all year. It was nice to see Chase finally take that next step of being the lead HMS and Chevy driver.

7.5 Not the worst, but not greatest either. Needs more rubbin' and more rivalries. On to 2019 and new package!

Back
Top Bottom