Rate The Cup Race: Charlotte Roval

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
Remember to post a numerical rating first. Any explanation should be brief to make it easy for
ToyYoda to do the average.

8... I enjoyed It. It wasn't really exciting but it was a lot of fun for me.

8.35 pretty good, all day long.

10. But I only saw stage 3 due to work. I could have passed some of the boys on the way home!

6. Not enough green flag racing for me and this track needs to definitely be widened on the road course sections. This was a ****show at times bc there was nearly no margin for error on some parts of this track

8 -- A very challenging track in a high-pressure situation makes for compelling viewing. Unfortunately, the 3rd stage reminded me of watching the Riverside 500 back in the 1960's and 70's... a few good roadracers but too many others making too many mistakes.

Congrats to Chase Elliott. And congrats to Alex Bowman, who got a lucky opportunity and capitalized on it big time.

5. It's the road racing version of restrictor plate racing, but it certainly provides drama. Whether it's the right kind of drama is open for debate.

Nice to see the drivers fight for position than just ride around.

8.5 Most entertaining race of the year and it demonstrated just how desperate these young drivers are today. *88 screwed up many times and still came home second, enough to move into the next round.

From the stands I could see them running 3-wide through turns 1 and 2 multiple times after restarts. The infield section is plenty wide enough.

Lots of good passing through the field in stages 1 and 3; 2 dragged a bit. As usual, I assume TV missed a lot of that. Stage strategies forced some drivers to work through - Elliott, Bowman, Larson, Bowyer. Great stuff, sorry if it didn't come across on the tube. Good on Chase for rallying, but I think what Bowman did to come on second was even more impressive.

I really enjoyed the manufactured drama lol

4 for the guy who got screwed by the cautions. It was great until suddenly half the field forgot how to drive.

8... from what I saw. I sadly missed the last handful of laps, missed Chase Elliott getting by for the lead, but I knew he would when he closed in so quickly and was right there with the leaders. Maybe I'll rewatch it soon. Too bad I had to bail on my company due to some asinine circumstances.

NASCAR should know they've got a problem with the playoff format when Kyle Busch decides to just abandon the race and go to the garage.

Back
Top Bottom