Rate The Cup Race: Darlington

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor

For ToyYoda's sake, since he averages the scores, just a rating would be appreciated.
A short comment is OK.

My Gawd that was a terribly boring race from a TV fan perspective.
The only interesting part of the race was the 14 driving through Newman.
I’m glad I DVR’d this.

The last twenty laps completely changed the outlook of the race. Thrilling ending, and some nice racing all throughout the pack for the entire duration.

My Gawd that was a terribly boring race from a TV fan perspective.
The only interesting part of the race was the 14 driving through Newman.
I’m glad I DVR’d this.
Other than the strategies there wasn't much on track action, I agree, but a 2 is awfully low

5 I hate when the dominant car doesn’t win because of cautions! I can’t stand Larson but he deserved to win! Pit crews have no business deciding winners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlington always delivers. This race was an awesome test of skill and execution and strategy. I feel bad for Larson. He drove like a lion. A really fine win for Keselowski, who moved up to 2nd place about 3 or 4 times, and then *finally* got a good pit stop at the last caution.

Racing luck is a zero sum game... tonight good for Kez but lousy for Larson. The race was a "mirror image" of the 2015 Southern 500 that Carl Edwards stole from Brad. In 2015, Brad was dominant all night, led ~200 laps, before Carl beat him out of the pits with 10 laps to go and went on to win.

8.5 - A shame all three series are not at Darlington, the trucks would be grade A fun. What I would see a second race again.

Congrats to Brad! Penske might have the ship righted a bit.

7. Sucks my guy lost like that, reminded me of the loss at Kansas as well. I will say I watched a lot of it on that battle cam using the NASCAR app and it totally changed how I watched. Felt like I was there

Brad reminding everyone why he’s a champion. Meanwhile the 42 team again fails to seal the deal.

5 - boring. Can't wait for all the but the racing was great for 6th place comments. Who cares? Isn't racing about winning and not who came in 25th, 16th, or 8th place? Once a car got out front they stayed there unless there was a caution. NASCAR needs to figure out how to change that.

Oh, and Bowyer and his spotter get my bonehead vote. Holy smokes.

7.2 not as much slippin, slidin, passin and Darlington stripe action that this track used to produce. Watched many in mid pack simply ride the night out. Nobody really could "drive up through the field" for some reason.

7...I love the "grind", love tire wear, love pit strategy...and even though this race had ALL of that there was almost zero side-by-side racing.

7.5 the last 25 laps or so business picked up, otherwise Larson was dominant and it was cool to watch. Bummed for Kyle, he had the best ride all night.

2. There was a "race"? Maybe off pit road and at restarts. Certainly wasn't much racing on the track.

I can't believe all the "9's" in here.

7. A good race, just didn't like how the back markers have such a outcome on the race. Derick Cope does not belong out there anymore at 59 yoa. And sorry but Bill Elliot at 62 yoa didn't belong in the Xfinity race this year either.

Back
Top Bottom