Rate The Cup Race: Dover I

8.5, would've been better if Kyle Busch got a waiver to bring out his backup car

It's a nice track. Just wish we'd see more action via overhead and wide angle shots. The in-car shots are worthless in most cases.

6...tire wear is good...but clean air is still king. Luckily I had DVR capabilities to skip the last 50 laps of the Kevin Harvick Dover Clinic...I just watched the interval over Clint tick up and up and up....

The best part had to be the racing up front. Harvick, Bowyer, Logano, and Truex were all really going at it.
Stenhouse made it even more of a spectacle hauling his #17 machine around on no tires. He was gapping the field pretty well there for a while.
Kyle Busch's car letting go was a bit of a disappointment. I believe he had something in reserve, a bit of a challenge for Harv.
Suarez got a top-five on an oval!

Good solid racing through the pack. A bit of a "typical" Dover race in that one car was hooked up and no one could really keep up.

I consider Dover a driver's track. The veterans I expected to run well were establishing their pace. I was looking to see which of the young guns might show some veteran patience. I was enjoying the race through the first two stages when Comcast went dark for 3 hours. From what I see here I missed a good one.

The best part had to be the racing up front. Harvick, Bowyer, Logano, and Truex were all really going at it.
Stenhouse made it even more of a spectacle hauling his #17 machine around on no tires. He was gapping the field pretty well there for a while.
Kyle Busch's car letting go was a bit of a disappointment. I believe he had something in reserve, a bit of a challenge for Harv.
Suarez got a top-five on an oval!
That is an indication the aero package nascar has is awe full. Harvick almost could not psss Clint when he did he put 7 seconds on him in like 40 laps. Bear in mind he probably wasn’t running as hard as he could have, don’t want to raise attention. Stickyhenhouse being out front on no tires, again why is he holding off cars way way faster cars? This appears to me to be the worst aero package I can remember. If you have to be half a second a lap faster than the guy in front of you to pass them that is not much of a race

It’s interesting that we’re complaining that Harvick “almost” couldn’t pass for the lead and the win. LOL

Back
Top Bottom