Rate The Cup Race: Dover II

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
8 A decent race. They can't all be 10s.

5, sure the last 20 laps were good. The first 380 were awful.

I'll give it an 8 - since at this time of year one can switch to football at the boring times - and the finish was fun :punkrocke

Typical playoff race, 95% garbage, with an occasional “didn’t expect that” ending. 8 because I like the winner.

Race: 6
Winner: infinity

Race was terrible until finish. I loved it to no end, but I can’t let my love of winner shade objectivity towards overall rating. SHR flat stunk it up, just didn’t seal it.

Boring as hell, with cars being unable to pass anyone in traffic (as evidenced by Harvick being able to move past no one once he got out of the fresh air).

Winner made it better though.

4, one of most boring races of the year. Any other race I’d be happy to see Chase win but to see Aric lose yet another win was heartbreaking. Dude reminds me so much of Jerry Nadeau lol

8 Only because they decided to show up the last 50 laps to race. Congrats to Chase and team.

I cant go higher than 6.

Was going to give it a 6, but the last 50 laps bumped it up to a 6.5

5...I can't imagine what someone not familiar with NASCAR would think of the first 350 laps. Absolutely nothing would have peeked their interest.

5...I can't imagine what someone not familiar with NASCAR would think of the first 350 laps. Absolutely nothing would have peeked their interest.
A guy in front of me had his girlfriend at her first race...
"This is boring as hell"
They left around lap 275

6. I always respect Dover because the degree of difficulty is high and it is truly skill-based racing. I've seen many great Dover races, and others are bland. This one was bland. As for the playoff, it added spice IMO, but the TV guys jabbering constantly about it became irritating.

Following the Charlotte roval... that's a tough act to follow.

I'll give it 4.

So sick of the gimmicky stage crap, the convoluted points system, give me the non Chase format any day.

At Dover it’s all watching guys run laps against the track and their own car. I’m sure it’s challenging for the driver and the teams, but makes for dull viewing. Chase winning and the late stuff rescues a 3 up to a 5.

Stage racing ruined the strategical aspect once again.

Back
Top Bottom