Rate The Cup Race: Kentucky

6, and I feel that is being overlay nice about it.

I’ll give er’ a 6. Track did not race terribly.

much better than xfinity and trucks bc smaller spoiler.
at least they could pass.

5.5 I fell asleep with 30 to go and just woke up now

Abstaining due to extreme bias. TRD/Toyota moves 21 points ahead of Ford Performance in the Manufacturers Standings. Stick that in your OSS!

Something wonderful about bringing the best car, driving it brilliantly, and taking what was destined to be yours. This is great racing to me.

I say 6 because restarts and tire strategy was about the only thing that produced any racing for positions.

I’ll give er’ a 6. Track did not race terribly.

I agree - 6.

I think this race could be cool, a night race in July (late sunset) at that track, with the banking variation really sets up for good racing, especially as the higher groove comes in. There was some of that going on but then the 78 just drove away. Hard to say exactly who’s fault that is - those guys are really good.

78 simply had the best car. Clean air didnt rule the day, Truex did. Behind him there was good racing throughout the night. Definitely not a classic but solid with the in person inflation factored in. Kansas and Chicago were definitely better 1.5 milers. Tonight seemed like a better 600.

Abstaining due to extreme bias. TRD/Toyota moves 21 points ahead of Ford Performance in the Manufacturers Standings. Stick that in your OSS!
I said at the beginning of the year the Fords won't perform. other than Harvick. Second half is going to be worse.

I am frankly astonished at the prevalence of negative opinions and low ratings so far in this thread. My rating is 8.5 for an excellent race that was a very stern test of driver skill. The track had multiple grooves... not like Chicago, but much more friendly to passing than Kentucky a year ago. Passing wasn't easy, but it ain't supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be possible, and it was... aero did not prevent faster cars from passing slower cars. There were comers and goers, there was strategy in play. There were a handful of fast cars passing the 4 and 18 and keeping the outcome in doubt until late in the race.

If you think world class driving wasn't going on, you need to take a look at the speed traces - slowing by ~50 mph for the corners, then getting back on the gas and pedaling the throttle to the limit of grip. Check out the brake dust on used wheels. Some did it better than others, and they finished up front... the way it's supposed to be. Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom