Rate The Cup Race: Las Vegas

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
8.5 --- The intensity picked up more and more after the first two stages.

Last edited:
TSN went to the football talkers with 1 lap to go. Just how stupid can those TV people get?

Race 8.5

Reactions: sdj

I'm real surprised Logano survived blocking the 42 and 78 like it was a plate race after one of those late restarts.

8 , far better than I thought it was going to be, minus all wrecking.

9 good racing.I like seeing drivers push it to the edge instead of just logging laps and collecting a pay check.

Really only watched the last stage, but 8.5 from what I saw when they weren't wrecking. That kind of racing on the intermediates will be missed if they move forward with the plans to change the cars on these tracks in 2019. Really good stuff between Larson, Truex, Kez, Logano late.

I would rate the last stage as a 8.5. I would rate it higher except their were to many wrecks.
1st and 2nd stage was about a 6.00.

So a 7.25

Good for a 1.5 miler. Aged rough surface made tire wear a factor and had these guys struggling to hang on. Attrition race. It certainly held my interest.

6, NASCAR has to figure out a way to clean-up the track faster. The length of time it now takes just destroys the flow of the race.

9. Best Vegas race I have seen in person and the best one in general in a while.

That kind of racing on the intermediates will be missed if they move forward with the plans to change the cars on these tracks in 2019. Really good stuff between Larson, Truex, Kez, Logano late.
Yeah, this. My rating = 9.25 and it would have been higher if there was less wrecking at the end. Intense balls-out racing all day. Cars that were hard to handle... just look at how many spun out by themselves... and the drivers had to bring full effort and full skill to the task. Multiple grooves with plenty of side-by-side racing, plenty of passing. And the playoff deal added spice. A great race in my opinion.

Top 7 for my guy after two laps down.
Would’ve been a different outcome without the stages. Stages kill a long run car.
Tons of top drivers had issues.
I feel bad for Jones.

Could have been higher with just a couple fewer cautions down the stretch. A handful of cars up front that were doing some great racing.

9 what an intense race! watch out, Penske was sandbagging all year long.

8.5 some good racing throughout the race. I like watching the drivers race hard and fight for position instead of playing it safe or being content finishing the race where they think the car should finish.

I love the mutigroove tracks, best shows come from them. I was for sure entertained today.

Harvick's whining was as expected.

I think this all three series races next year, will have me and my wife in the Stands! :D

Three in a row by Harvick in 2018.
An 8.5 for this race. Last 1/3 picked that up from a 5.5.

great racing and nice move by putting this as the first race in the chase and spicing up the chase race schdule sofar its paid off.

Back
Top Bottom