Rate The Cup Race: Phoenix I

6. Too many cautions due to tire wear, barely any passing, but the ending was at least up in the air.

8. Thought it was great the whole way through. Ton of different strategy and well timed cautions made it fun

Multitude of odd Cautions made it interesting -- the meat and potatoes was a single file Sponsor Parade.

KyBu and Blaney chase scenes towards the end saved the Race...

6c008a6bb2a11d1296ecdac47f6b7ae9.jpg

8.8 pretty good racing now and then, here and there.

7, it held my attention in the end with different tire strategies mixing it up

6 rating. cars had trouble moving up if they were stuck in 15th or further back. Slower cars like almirola stayed up front because of clean air. A fast cars should move up and a slow car shouldn’t maintain position. Reminded me of how New Hampshire races. They need to get these cars off the ground somehow. Tired of seeing ford and Toyota win everything.

9.18 That's about as good as it gets at Phoenix imo. Action throughout, back and forth thru the field, strategy plays, 65 lap run down on Blaney, fuel concerns. No complaints here. Really good.

Meh. Not a bad race, but it sucks that clean air is that important on a one-mile track. It sucks that the cars have built-in air brakes and corner like slot cars. The head-to-head battles were good... the race was OK... but the role of the driver is diluted by excessive drag and downforce. Meh.

First half wasn't all that exciting but I have no real issues with cars getting spread out. The second half was very good. Impressed with Busch coming back and winning.

Back
Top Bottom