Rate The Cup Race: Pocono 2

8. Decent race, much better than June but I still don't care for the lack of horsepower here.

7.5 good strategies mad af about Harvick losing a win though.

10. Best cars finished up front. TRD has taken another step IMO. Fabulous.

4 Glued to the track, lift and you're done. Pit stops and restarts determine everything. Better than June.

I fell asleep through most of it. You could tell the announcers were trying too hard to sell the action on the track. Iove pocono but this package is terrible for it.

Solid 8

Much better than the June race! It came down to strategy which has long been a Pocono trademark. It had a bit of an odd, weird feel which is perfect for this track! Overall, one of the more "interesting" races of the year. Not as good as Kentucky by the second best race I saw of the 4.

I just hope this wasn't he final July race!

10.....Hey now! Just got home from the race. Long greens and good action and drama at the end. That's about as good as Pocono gives you.

8 good racing throughout the pack and strategies kept it interesting.

Odd -- like watching a game show within a race -- good tension but kind of goofy.
5.5... For those who didn't like Pocono in recent years - and I'm *not* one of those - adding PJ1 in the second groove would have worked wonders. No need to neuter the motors and pile on heaps of drag and downforce.

5.5 Mostly follow the leader...kudos to Hamlin, very cerebral race on his part along with his crew chief. He patiently waited for the correct moments, knew he was fast when he ran down Harvick in the first stage. Thought Harvick was faster in clean air that anyone else, but as soon as he got behind someone, even a lapped car, he struggled. Same with Kyle, not as fast as either out front, but close...yet when in dirty air, his car was not any better than anyone else.

Time to ditch the aero and put horsepower under the hood....no bump stops, chin spoiler no wider than the inside track of the front tires, four inch spoiler, and no slab sides...must follow the contour of the production car, supposedly represented, down the sides....including rocker panels...

10. PJ1 did wonders for a second groove, great racing all around. Indy should consider doing the same

8 (NBC 2) Why do they keep using that horizontal running order (crawler?) Is it to hide empty seats? You want to see a certain drivers running position? It will slowly scroll four at a time! In the last 50 laps, they brought up the vertical one, but for some reason around ten to go, back with the horizontal one (great, I can see who's running 34th!) With the vertical one, you see at a minimum, 20 cars, and you can quickly see who's moving up or back (and I think a better view of the racing.)

6.7. Watched it all but aside from restarts it was pretty strung out.

Back
Top Bottom