RATE The Cup Race : Richmond 2

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
Remember to post a numerical rating first. Any explanation should be brief to make it easy for
ToyYoda to do the average.

Am I crazy or something nobody else rating it that high? Good race but JGR 1,2,3,4 :mad:

Regardless of how I feel about the JGR cars, it's never healthy for the sport for any team to so much better than the rest of the field. On top of that the lack of action tonight in what could of added some variables absoulutley killed this race.

Race sucked. Happy for Truex though. Wonder how many more short track wins before Rick Allen quits memeing?

Is it me, or were the cars really slow tonight, like martinsville slow. If nbc’s mph is accurate and the radar gun at my local dirt track is calibrated right, I’ve seen higher straight away speeds on 1/2 mile dirt.

It was really good to see drivers braking into corners again, fighting for mid-corner speed, and accelerating off... you know, racecar driver stuff like last year. Dale Jr's excitement about that was palpable and so was mine. But I hate the total domination in speed by Toyota week after week. I agree with those saying this is bad for the sport, even if Toyota/Gibbs deserve credit for getting it done. I'm sort of a Ford guy, and really feel badly for those who favor Chevy because they are even further away from being competitive than Ford is.

Props to Bubba Wallace and RPM for a fine and well-deserved P12 finish... awesome.

6 - Good moments and its a short track, but not much action to speak of. Newman’s progress and battles with that Jones boy were good.

7. I don't care who won or what team finished in the top 4. Drivers were swapping the lead at the end of the stages and if they were from the same team, they were still racing each other.

But this race didn't do much for me. The first stage was pretty good, but the last two struck me as flat overall.

Disclaimer: I went to bed with 38 to go, but I figure seeing 90% of the race and 80% of the last stage qualifies me to comment.

3. Absolutely no banging or roughhousing to speak of. Only interesting bit was Newman's great run.

10. TRD domination.

I usually like Richmond, usually some good side by side racing: but not last night.

Some how Gibbs is doing some clever manipulation.
Like the 48 pulled until they caught the crewman "falling" into the side of the car and bending the sheetmetal.

5, racing was okay. These cars are missing horsepower. Would have been a 4, but if I'm objective and pull my dislike of Truex's circumstance out of it, the battle for the win was neat, and it was cool to see Truex as pumped as he was.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom