Rate The Cup Race: Richmond I

3.5 Great finish but the race as a whole was pretty lackluster

Not for a lack of trying, but it seemed hard to pass...the cars still were pretty damn tough to drive though. But maybe too much aero for even a place like Richmond. The last ~150 laps going green with the tires going away and the MTJ/Bowyer/Logano battle were very good. Just extremely difficult to get something done. Still one of the best races of the year thus far.

I'm debating how much emphasis to place on the last 50 or so laps, as they were absolutely thrilling (the rest of the race was decent, but had a few lulls).

After some thinking, I'll go with a 9.

There wasn't much competition up front no matter who was leading until the end, but that end more than made up for it! Clint and Joey drove admirably but seeing Truex hold them off up top was a thing of beauty. No BS caution is always a plus. Tires were too hard IMO but the mid-pack fighting was good.

It was nice to see Harvick make a last ditch effort at the win there! Much better car this weekend, first time he outran KDB or Kes all race this year.

10 My eyes were glued to the screen for the last 120 laps under green. I wish things were different with the amount of aero wake involved, but sadly that's what the driver's have been handed, so I am rating under those circumstances. I'd be surprised if many more races this year top this one.

9 for me, couldn’t look away and the last 25 laps watching the top 3 race each other and the various styles/lines used was pretty damn cool. This sport needs at least 2-4 more short track races on the schedule, there’s various short tracks in this country waiting to to be used, find them and race there.

TRD powered Toyotas have won 6 of 9 Cup races....and they have already been to the wind tunnel.....and inspected by OSS. Couldn't be better!

2, it just bores me now. Hopefully talladega is an entertaining show, but if it is a repeat from last year, I’m checking out until the 500. The cars simply don’t let anyone drive side by side anymore.

8.5... The excessive downforce did not help this race, but I was glad to see it didn't ruin it either. Plenty of hand to hand combat at the front and throughout the field. Second half of the race was intensely competitive with lots of side by side action. Good stuff.

Happy Easter y'all.

I noticed that the scores have been a little high lately and maybe that is a sign the racing is satisfying. There will always be those that just tune in to see "The Big One" or a crash derby.

Not for a lack of trying, but it seemed hard to pass...the cars still were pretty damn tough to drive though. But maybe too much aero for even a place like Richmond. The last ~150 laps going green with the tires going away and the MTJ/Bowyer/Logano battle were very good. Just extremely difficult to get something done. Still one of the best races of the year thus far.

Exactly how I feel. Well said.

8.5 for me

8, I thought it was a very good race. There was an advantage to being out front, but I'll take that over having the leader at a disadvantage.

7. Last laps were great but Joey and Clint were clearly faster...I think we just saw aero push at Richmond...:bleh::bleh::bleh:

6, the first three quarters of the race was uneventful and boring. It gets a 6 from me for the last 45 or so laps.

Back
Top Bottom