Rate the Cup race --- Sonoma

I'm giving this race a 0, I'm sorry, a close finish between MTJ and Kyle probably would have saved it from getting a low score, but we didn't even get that. Just an absolutely uncompetitive race. And this is me being nice. Kill stages at the road courses already

4. First race I fell asleep on this year lost me middle of second stage.

I think they did a nice tribute to DW. Glad to hear Boogity is gone and anxious to know who Jeff's new partner will be. I wish DW the best in his remaining years.
For this I give it a 8 and I don't mean the race.

3. Sonoma sucks, and stages compound the problem on road courses. Love road racing, just not Sonoma.

5 I was able to catch a lot of the race and from what I saw it was just ok. Sonoma hasn't produced a great race since the 90s and only a couple good ones.

4... The race might have been pretty good, but the coverage was awful. Got a nice nap.

7.75... a good race, I liked it better than a lot of y'all. SMH at the peeps complaining there wasn't enough banging and wrecking. Geez, it's racing, not the WWE. And the finish wasn't close enough? I thought the 3rd stage was a cliffhanger between Truex and Busch, right to the final lap.

I didn't enjoy the Toyota domination. I agree with those who say road racing doesn't benefit from the stages. How 'bout that Matt Dibenedetto! And really impressed by Daniel Suarez's run. His pit crew screwed the pooch, but what an awesome drive. Brad K and Paul Wolfe blew the finish at the end of the second stage... no bueno.

7.75... a good race, I liked it better than a lot of y'all. SMH at the peeps complaining there wasn't enough banging and wrecking. Geez, it's racing, not the WWE. And the finish wasn't close enough? I thought the 3rd stage was a cliffhanger between Truex and Busch, right to the final lap.

I didn't enjoy the Toyota domination. I agree with those who say road racing doesn't benefit from the stages. How 'bout that Matt Dibenedetto! And really impressed by Daniel Suarez's run. His pit crew screwed the pooch, but what an awesome drive. Brad K and Paul Wolfe blew the finish at the end of the second stage... no bueno.

Honestly I've been to 2 races this year (Las Vegas and Sonoma) and NEITHER had any cautions besides stages. It's unreal.

Racing is bound to be strung out with no yellows. I am okay with an organic race that isn't full of manufactured excitement as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom