Rate The Cup Race: Talladega I

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
8.5 Damn good race. Pacing all over the house.

3, another long day ended by a demo derby and no green flag finish.

Best super speedway package in years.

Several cars running out front during the race, and I think the difference to the old superspeedway package was visible.
It wasn't as crazy as expected though.
Always sucks when a race finishes under caution.

9. Truly wide open deal. The purist in me hates “plate” tracks, but the winner honestly swayed me higher in my rating.

A surprise to be sure. NASCAR hit a home run with this superspeedway package.

Race gets an 8

sfQQCbb.jpg

3 - Just looked like any old plate race to me. Torn up cars and nothing that happens in the first 3/4 of the race matters other than avoiding wrecks. Obviously a lot of people like this stuff, I'm fine with that, Im not forced to watch it.

9, the increased grip stopped this from being a wreckfest. Lots of lane testing, good stuff. And Chase winning is a good birthday present for my old man.

9...no pun intended. It was intense. I didn't see huge huge runs like they talked about tho, maybe I just wasn't focusing on it enough.

Fantastic race even with the caution at the finish. Little carnage, even less single file racing. The leader didn't have a clear advantage.

Oh yeah and all of Stafford Springs, Connecticut and the rest of the northeast racing scene cheering for that #47 at the end!!!

Back
Top Bottom