Rate the next gen car..

*WEAVER*

Team Owner
So we are down to only a few races left in the 2013 season, we have seen this car on all the track types, so being the first season with the new next gen car, give a rating from 1 to 10 of what you think about the car.

I will start off by giving the car a rating of 7.Still think there is some work to do on the bigger tracks.

I give it a 7, I think they need to work on the aero push problem, they need to dirty it up a little bit so that the leader doesn't get a 4 to 6 seconds lead on the rest of the pack.

the latest evolution of a cup car is the best designed car to date. Considering all the different tracks from small to large, different pavements thru out the series, it has proven itself already as an improvement over the last design. The car just flat drives better, the racing is the best it has ever been. Can it be better? always room for improvement as tire technology and suspension, and aero, and pavement technology moves forward. Already cars are faster than they were on the same tracks at their first running. 9.5

There simply isnt enough numbers, It is a wonderful car, the bestest ever. Brian France, Helton, Darby, and Pemberton all deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame due to it's sucess.

Any infidel that fails to appreciate the car deseres the worst fate.

GEN 6 on these small tires, 5.

GEN 6 on larger tires would be a 7.

Mainly because all the aero dependence for grip instead of tires. The shoulders on the side make the cars faster, but make racing side by side a crap shoot.

Way too much dependence on aero down force to have more beating and banging. Re-watch the last laps at Charlotte and see what I mean. Matt never touches Matt, who wasn't mad, but felt it was as hard as you can race these cars without wrecking someone. :eek:

Earnhardt is rolling over again.

GEN 6 on these small tires, 5.

GEN 6 on larger tires would be a 7.

Mainly because all the aero dependence for grip instead of tires. The shoulders on the side make the cars faster, but make racing side by side a crap shoot.

Way too much dependence on aero down force to have more beating and banging. Re-watch the last laps at Charlotte and see what I mean. Matt never touches Matt, who wasn't mad, but felt it was as hard as you can race these cars without wrecking someone. :eek:

Earnhardt is rolling over again.
Damn Fender a simple number would have sufficed, but wait, It's okay because you didn't mention rear windows. :D

The car shattered qualifying records @ m'ville. At least the top 16 positions broke the current track record. Like FB always says..take out the rear window and you will really see some speed and driving extraordinaire. Pop, fizzz

The aero thing kinda sucks but they're workin on it.... but how can anyone not like a car that has brought us 18 new track qualifying records in one season? I give it an 8 until its easier to pass at 180+ mph

Just make it so when you change 4 tires and some other dude takes 2 that the guy who took 4 could actually get by the said guy who only changed 2 with 200 laps on his other 2.

The aero thing kinda sucks but they're workin on it.... but how can anyone not like a car that has brought us 18 new track qualifying records in one season? I give it an 8 until its easier to pass at 180+ mph
Because faster isn't always better.

I give it a 9. The Gen 6 got off to a rough start but has steadily improved. Aesthetically, it's a great improvement over the brick that was the COT. The Gen 6 cars actually look like their street versions. I never liked the looks of the Gen 5, especially when they had those goofy wings on them.

I disagree. Other than at Daytona and Talladega. So you don't like it then?
I don't care how fast the cars are if the racing is mediocre. I'd rather see cars average 185-190 at Charlotte and Michigan and be able to race rather than 195-200 and not be able to. I'll give the new car a 6 for right now.

I'd give it an 8, the styling is off the charts, the racing has been damn good. The aero is a work in progress, not sure how much progress they will be able to make though. It's not a new problem.

Dirty air has been a problem ever since they stopped racing bricks in the mid 90's.

Any race car that has DECALS for tailpipes on the back gets a 2.

Aside from that, this car has been a failure for NASCAR. Remember all the hype at the beginning of the season?

Aside from that, this car has been a failure for NASCAR. Remember all the hype at the beginning of the season?
Have you watched any of the races this season?
How are the tailpipe decals any different from the headlamp decals that have been around for decades?
News flash: They don't have bench seats anymore either.
:D

LMFAO!!! Thank you.

The difference between fake lights and fake tail pipes is that the tail pipes are totally irrelevant and remind me of the decals I took off my jeep power wheels immediately after receiving it.

If they weren't there, no one would notice, because we all know where the headers are on a cup car. Stupid. I wish they would stop.

So that's my fake exhaust rant on the gen6, still an 8. I'm making a drink.

LMFAO!!! Thank you.

The difference between fake lights and fake tail pipes is that the tail pipes are totally irrelevant and remind me of the decals I took off my jeep power wheels immediately after receiving it.

If they weren't there, no one would notice, because we all know where the headers are on a cup car. Stupid. I wish they would stop.

So that's my fake exhaust rant on the gen6, still an 8. I'm making a drink.
We all know that there aren't headlights, either ;)
There is no difference between fake tailpipes and fake headlamps; they're both fake.

I know it will take time and its looks more stock than the Gen 5, but they still have a long way to go towards looking like "stock cars".

I dont want radical changes like front wheel drive, but the sheet metal should at least look more stock imo.

The California race was better this year, but I dont see a great difference in the competitiveness between the Gen 5, and Gen 6.

I know it will take time and its looks more stock than the Gen 5, but they still have a long way to go towards looking like "stock cars".

I dont want radical changes like front wheel drive, but the sheet metal should at least look more stock imo.

The California race was better this year, but I dont see a great difference in the competitiveness between the Gen 5, and Gen 6.

I honestly think to get more stock we would need plastic and bolt-on bumpers. As far as styling I feel like they found the happy-medium. And it looks mean like a V8 Supercar. The SS looks the meanest IMO, but I'm bias.

We all know that there aren't headlights, either ;)
There is no difference between fake tailpipes and fake headlamps; they're both fake.
I think fake headlamps do more for a stock appearance than some dumbass 4x6 decals trying to resemble tailpipes... Shadows and all.

But yes, the fake lights are dumb as well and I feel like they are insulting our intelligence.

I dont think this car is any better than the car we had last year. So.... 5.

I dont think this car is any better than the car we had last year. So.... 5.

Aesthetics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I realize in my last two responses seem contradicting but I'm talking about two different things.

They're probably just trying to make it more like the street product. After all I believe that was the main initiative in modelling the new car. Same as they fake headlights or front grill.

Just curious.. what hype from the beginning of the season *(other than the aero push on fast tracks) hasn't been made true? Its faster, looks better, drives better, and the drivers and fans like it more... I'd bet if Kasey Kahne had balls everyone would give it a 10.

Aero issue isn't ever going to go away. This ain't the 50's.

I heard that nascar gave Goodyear the option to use a larger tire so there would be more mechanical grip and less dependence on aero down force. I'm sure nascar hasn't ponied up any money or contract considerations to actually do it though.

I heard that nascar gave Goodyear the option to use a larger tire so there would be more mechanical grip and less dependence on aero down force. I'm sure nascar hasn't ponied up any money or contract considerations to actually do it though.
I haven't heard that. After Gordon's comments, I'm not sure that there is any grip on some of the repaved tracks. It seems that there is a very fine line between pushing and loose. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a solution.

I haven't heard that. After Gordon's comments, I'm not sure that there is any grip on some of the repaved tracks. It seems that there is a very fine line between pushing and loose. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a solution.

No grip on repaves. That just shows how hard Goodyear has to make these tires to handle the weight and speed of these cars. The reason Goodyear has to bring rock hard tires is complex. The cars are faster on a repave, so GY has to use a thicker sidewall. The thicker sidewall retains so much heat, along with the higher speeds, it melts the tire surface. So they make the surface harder, and there isn't enough mechanical grip. Using a larger tire diameter would spread the heat out and allow the use of a softer tire compound and cars wouldn't spin out so often from getting too close to another car.

Right now there isn't enough mechanical grip to over come the aero down force advantage, which pushes the tires into the pavement and adds the grip the tires don't have on their own.

I honestly think to get more stock we would need plastic and bolt-on bumpers. As far as styling I feel like they found the happy-medium. And it looks mean like a V8 Supercar. The SS looks the meanest IMO, but I'm bias.
I think the SS makes a great looking racecar, but I'm not blown away by the looks of the street car. Looks kinda like a Pontiac G8 with a Malibu front end. The $45K base price may be a little optimistic too, considering a Charger SRT8 with 55 more horsepower can be had for the same money.

Back
Top Bottom