Rate the Race: 2014 Indianapolis 500

Were you expecting side by side short track racing? Lmao

This year'indy had it all. 10

Yes, post something I never said then laugh at it.
XnPVF55.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
If tonights race is as good as todays race then it was an awesome day of racing.

I'll give it a 9.5...would have been a 10 if JPM hadn't pulled another bone head move or if KuBu would have been close enough to contend at the end (although 6th is very good).

Overall....Great Race !!

9.5 didn't have the passing for the lead last years had throughout.. But what battles. Great racing.

The best parts:
-The battle between RHR and Helio
- No unnecessary BS debri cautions, and the long green run.

-----I was there and I loved it. I wanted to see Helio win his fourth. Or even Marco win his first. But it was OK to see Ryan win. He has really come along the last year or two. Bad wreck that Scott Dixon had. He hit the wall and slid right down the track in front of us. Good to see that he was OK.
-----But overall- it was a pretty fantastic race. Now I can sit back and relax after treking to St. Petersburg to the race and over to Indy for the Gran Prix, time trials and the 500. But it has been a fantastic three months of racing for me at the Indycar races. What's next? Maybe the Mid-Ohio. We'll have to wait and see. Now I'm sitting back and watching to see how Kurt Busch does in this evening's race. He did really well in the 500. Great racing today guys. And I have Monaco taping on my TIVO tonight.

I'll save the 9's and 10's for what I consider classics.

Don't get me wrong, but I just felt the first 3/4's of this race left something to be desired.

Great finish. I think Helio had the best car and would have passed Ryan a lap later, but this ain't the Indy 501.

Very impressed by Kurt Busch's run.
Like to see him try again next year.
He's definitely capable of getting his face engraved on that Indy trophy.
I believe that.

I was at a family lake cottage with just an intermittent cell connection, so I couldn't chime in live with you folks here, but I watched it (thank god for OTA TV).

10 for the race.
10 for the winner.

Despite all the issues the IndyCar series has year after year, they still put on a show at Indianapolis and earn the moniker "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing". If you didn't like the last six laps, you don't like racing.

I'll save the 9's and 10's for what I consider classics.

Don't get me wrong, but I just felt the first 3/4's of this race left something to be desired.

Great finish. I think Helio had the best car and would have passed Ryan a lap later, but this ain't the Indy 501.

Very impressed by Kurt Busch's run.
Like to see him try again next year.
He's definitely capable of getting his face engraved on that Indy trophy.
I believe that.
Wouldn't mind seeing Kurt move over to IndyCar full time. I think he could give some of those guys a run for their money.

Maybe Gene. will pull Kurt outa nascar and put him in his Formula 1 car.

KuBu is probably too old for Formula One anyway. *cue somebody mentioning that Dale Earnhardt was 30 and Harry Gant was 33 when they were Winston Cup rookies*

But Dale and Harry were..

I don't think Kurt would just up and decide to be an F1 or Indycar full time driver. Over in F1, its not a simple process. I could see him running more indy 500's tho.

I really hope Kyle Larson gives a shot as well in the future.

But Dale and Harry were..

I don't think Kurt would just up and decide to be an F1 or Indycar full time driver. Over in F1, its not a simple process. I could see him running more indy 500's tho.

I really hope Kyle Larson gives a shot as well in the future.
Well... I will continue to insist that it will take Haas at least five years to win a race in F1. You don't unload the trailer and win in Formula One. KuBu would be 40 then.

I think Alexander Rossi or Conor Daly are our best hopes for an American return to F1.

I thought the race was one of the best I've seen. Kurt Busch and Townsend Bell did themselves proud by running well for single race deals. I'm glad they stopped the race to get a great finish. I was hoping Heilo could get his 4th with the classic Penzoil colors but Hunter Ray earned the win. I was a happy race fan after the 500.

A good race with a minimum of crashes and nobody seriously hurt, cant wait till next year

Well... I will continue to insist that it will take Haas at least five years to win a race in F1. You don't unload the trailer and win in Formula One. KuBu would be 40 then.

I think Alexander Rossi or Conor Daly are our best hopes for an American return to F1.

I cant imagine them ever winning, hell Ferrari cant even win one

10. Great race, great finish and my favorite Indycar driver won, what else could I ask for :)

As for the coverage I thought ABC did a good job, there were a few issues here and there but the only thing I seen that I actually am mad about is that pre-race segment with Newgarden and some guy in a gimp suit in a tub of milk. That gave me nightmares lol.

Back
Top Bottom