Rate the Race --- Charlotte

4. All my drivers got screwed and the the racing was lackluster. AD got his first ever win though so that's kind of interesting.

Due to the rain delay this was the first 600 that I've been able to watch "most" of. I actually thought it wasn't half bad with quite a few twists and turns. I really had no idea who was going to win the whole time I was watching.

Solid 7

The final stage was awesome -- worth the wait! You didn't know who was going to win it -- tires and fuel strategy, with top cars trying to track down the gamblers!!

8 Glad to see it came down to fuel mileage, wasn't sure it would with the extra stage.

Race: 2

FOX broadcast: 1

Only thing that saved this race from being a 1 was the final 25 laps. I cannot wait to see the roval next fall and hope like heck that next year's 600 will have no stages. This event is meant to be a strategy/endurance race and I am thrilled the finish came down to strategy (whether it be fuel, tires, attrition, or whatever else). Thankful that at least all 3 finishes today were good.

5. Pretty boring outside of the fuel strategy at the end.

Cool to see Austin Dillon get his first win.

Truex a bridesmaid again with the universe's best race car.

5, would of been a 6 but when both my guys crash

The first race of 2017 with clean air being so important, so I deduct points for that. CMS was more racey than last weekend in the All Star show, so I guess the VHT was beneficial. Didn't care for the Toyota domination. And I don't like the extra stage. I'll say 6.0.

Last edited:
kind of hard to get excited when all 3 of my Penske cars are out of contention.
Congrats to the #3 for the win.

First time winner and fuel milage race knocked it up a little for me

This one reminded me of the first full cup race I ever watched.. Michigan in August of '09.. Jimmie Johnson leading in the closing laps and ran out of fuel giving Brian Vickers his first cup win. Sound familiar? Lol

Hopefully there were some new fans watching last night.. because after seeing that I was hooked! I didn't even realize that was something that could happen lol

This one reminded me of the first full cup race I ever watched.. Michigan in August of '09.. Jimmie Johnson leading in the closing laps and ran out of fuel giving Brian Vickers his first cup win. Sound familiar? Lol

Hopefully there were some new fans watching last night.. because after seeing that I was hooked! I didn't even realize that was something that could happen lol
Well, Vickers won his first race at Talladega years before that.

Back
Top Bottom