Rate The Race Daytona 500

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Honestly I'd have to give the race itself a -10, it was just horrible.

However, I give the Bayne win a 10.

Honestly I'd have to give the race itself a -10, it was just horrible.

However, I give the Bayne win a 10.
I believe that averages out to a 0 lol.

I give it a 4. It was saved by compelling stories somewhat, with Martin racing back to the lead lap, Labonte running up front, and Jr. having a strong day until he got wrecked.

Too many cautions but a very exciting race. My favorite win in years.

I muted the TV several times whenever the FOX coverage annoyed me.

Well I still hate the yellow line rule, it hurt the racing a little today I thought, but 60 whatever lead changes I guess ain't too bad. Harvick engine failure, other RCR cars had problems, Jr wrecked, Truex wrecked, Waltrip wrecked. Not a fan of Brad Keselowski but thats a beautiful car the blue deuce is, wrecked. Bayne winning was about the only bright spot, man I dunno I guess i'll give it a 6.5...

Seriously, you all need to stop watching racing. Just turn the channel or something. That race today I will rank in my top ten of the last ten years.

The race sucked and doesn't deserve to be rated. WAKE UP NASCAR!!!!!
The finish was awesome!
Chevrolets blowing up all day was a treat. Fords in the top 3!!! Woo hoo!

I can't give it a number, but up until lap 190, id have to say that was one of the worst races in recent history. It took until that last ten lap run before it even started to resemble a race.

But, seeing the 21 win the Daytona 500 was worth the wasted afternoon.

1 for the race, or for the part of the race I watched. I switched around lap 20 and tuned back in with 31 to go. I'd give a 10 for the finish. Now, if NA__AR doesn't blow it as they did last year they just might get some viewers back.

Seriously, you all need to stop watching racing. Just turn the channel or something. That race today I will rank in my top ten of the last ten years.

I agree with that. I thought the race was a 10. Lots of lead changes, lots of passing, and a young kid from almost nowhere that won the race.

The first half was not really great, but the second half was one of the best Daytona races in a while.

I'll go a 7.

Seeing the 21 in that retro-paint was an 11.

I agree with that. I thought the race was a 10. Lots of lead changes, lots of passing, and a young kid from almost nowhere that won the race.

I don't count half of those as lead changes. Sure, a different car was leading, but half of them were simply becaseu the pair swapped positionas as planned. If it's not a competetive lead change, it should be counted.

The first half was not really great, but the second half was one of the best Daytona races in a while.

I'll go a 7.

Seeing the 21 in that retro-paint was an 11.

You can't give the race an 11. That is what someone told me when I joined this forum. However, I agree. :D

I'll give it a 10. Got to see a few good things in it. Jr had a good day(til the very end), the 48 got wrecked and Trevor Bayne won. :beerbang:

The entire race gets a 5.

The last 10 laps gets a 10 because of Trevor Bayne's win and Bobby Labonte's first top 5 in two years.

This race also poses a question. When was the last Sprint Cup race won by a full time Nationwide driver????

I'm not sure what to give the race in terms of a rating. I will say I didn't like the fact that they had to race in two's to get to the front.

I don't count half of those as lead changes. Sure, a different car was leading, but half of them were simply becaseu the pair swapped positionas as planned. If it's not a competetive lead change, it should be counted.

:beerbang:

I'll go 8. A great win for a cool young guy and a great win for the Woods brothers.
As someone else said The best part is to have a Nationwide regular come to the cup series and win.
:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

As someone else said The best part is to have a Nationwide regular come to the cup series and win.

NASCAR better come up with a rule to stop this before it gets out of hand. The Cup Series is starting to lose it's identity. :rolleyes:

The parts I payed attention to, 0.5. I know I've worn through a few folks' patience complaining about NASCAR, but I'm sorry. There's just no way to justify what we saw during this speedweeks.

However, like everyone else, Bayne defending the lead, the Wood Brothers number 21 crossing the line first, Glen and Leonard Wood in the winner's circle at Daytona, that's an easy 10.

The entire race gets a 5.

The last 10 laps gets a 10 because of Trevor Bayne's win and Bobby Labonte's first top 5 in two years.

This race also poses a question. When was the last Sprint Cup race won by a full time Nationwide driver????

I believe 2 years ago when Brad Kesoloski won at Talladega. I give the race a 7 and loved seeing the Wood brothers back in victory lane.

NASCAR better come up with a rule to stop this before it gets out of hand. The Cup Series is starting to lose it's identity. :rolleyes:

That is with out a doubt the funniest dang thing I have heard in a long, long time. Thank you DPK.

That wasn't a race, at least not the kind of racing I know.

Give it a 4 for the event and a 10 for the winner. Really was nice to see Trevor Bayne win! The young man reminds me of Jeff Gordon.

My wife with Trevor.

IM000851-1.jpg

I pretty much agree with what most are saying the race was horrible but Bayne win was a 10+++!

I REALLY hate the two car hook up and draft business. It has really taken away from the 500 the way I have always knew it anyways.

I love Nascar, I love racing, but man I wish they could fix this!

On a side note, if anyone's bold prediction was Bayne wins the 500...you are the man! lol

Bayne winning was a breath of fresh air. Finally, a win for the rest of us!

That elevated a mediocre race to a solid 10.

:beerbang:

I was ticked as all get out and super bummed for quite a while during the race, especially after good ole Mikey wiped out my two fav drivers. (I was rooting for Andy Lally living his dream come true, until Mikey ended it.) I was ticked! I was sick to death of hearing DW jaw away and make excuses for his brother. I was sick to death of hearing those blow hards in the booth say one thing until someone else they thought was important said just the opposite thing and they decided THAT sounded good, so they changed their tune. I got up and walked away for a bit, very disappointed. Actually, I was thinking my husband might want to toss me out of the room because I was mad at the world and took it out on whatever anyone said or did on the TV and he had to listen to me. hehehe

Then, I don't know exactly when it happened, but I started enjoying the race again and when it got to the end and Trevor Bayne actually held onto the lead, I was elated! I still am...so I'm having a hard time giving a fair rating. So ....... I guess I'll have to go with a 6.0. Just because I was upset about it and I can't judge a race on just the winner. :D

After the Duels I thought this race was gonna suck. Averiging any race that the 48 or 18 doesn't win a 10 no top ten for JR a 5 and a surprise win and a great story 10 averages out to 8.3 8.3 it is

2 out of 10

It's hard to find something I liked about it. Just being restrictor plate racing automatically drops it down to 5. Then with the racing as it currently is at Daytona, there were way too many cautions. The whole race was run in like 5-10 lap increments. Thats terrible.

The green/white/checkered nonsense at the end only made the bad race worse. Theres no reason to continually re line up cars just so they can wreck eachother right before the checkered flag. What a shame. Was the race ending under caution ever that bad? I never minded it and I'd been much more satisfied seeing the race end at the scheduled lap.

I pretty much agree with what most are saying the race was horrible but Bayne win was a 10+++!

I REALLY hate the two car hook up and draft business. It has really taken away from the 500 the way I have always knew it anyways.

I love Nascar, I love racing, but man I wish they could fix this!

On a side note, if anyone's bold prediction was Bayne wins the 500...you are the man! lol

That would be me thank you.....ahemm...lol, I agree this race sucked the big one, the only saving grace was that Bayne won. If they don't do something to fix this, Nascar will lose a lot more fans. I give the race a big fat O.

Back
Top Bottom