Rate the Race: Eldora

4. Worst Eldora race by far.

Not a Crafton fan, but kudos to him for doing his homework. Took care of business tonight.

I give it a strong 8 or 9. Nascar should have been faster cleaning up the wrecks. Or maybe not
count the caution laps.

9. Amazing race to attend, however they can't keep counting caution laps, that's not how dirt races work.

lol it's funny reading some of the comments from the truck race, you kind of forget growing up around sprint car races how many race fans haven't, they're almost always caution fests

A much better track when the high line is the dominant line. 6/10

9. Amazing race to attend, however they can't keep counting caution laps, that's not how dirt races work.

lol it's funny reading some of the comments from the truck race, you kind of forget growing up around sprint car races how many race fans haven't, they're almost always caution fests
Most short tracks will count yellow laps when races are more than 100 laps. I have seen where the last 10 laps must be green.

1st and 2nd stage were a ****show. 3rd stage saved the race I was highly entertained. NASCAR has to do a better job of speeding up the yellows.

All that being said I'm gonna say 6.5. Damage was done in the first couple of stages but again, last stage was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go a 6. Good racing when they were actually racing, but the long drawn out cautions kinda killed it.

Thought it was awesome that a two time Champion would give enough of a **** about a discipline he is unfamiliar with the become familiar with it, and win. I like that. As far as the race? Dunno, looks like any other race to me. It is what it is. 9.78.

I did not see the race or was even aware it was being held but I have enjoyed reading the thread and the opinions of those that did. Even the folks that are predisposed to like just about any racing activity didn't sound wowed and those that had a few criticisms seemed a little letdown. One thing that I read over and over again is people do not like to seeing laps ticking off in between stages or while Nascar is just fiddle farting around.

Gotta speed up the caution clean ups. Two trucks spinning out shouldn't cause a 20 minute caution.

I agree the only big ones should have been the big wrecks in 2 & 4 where trucks were absolutely totaled.

It's dirt for Christ sakes, cleanup should be minimal

Not a Crafton fan, but kudos to him for doing his homework. Took care of business tonight.
I agree. And Kaz Grala did the same, and won his heat IIRC. I was impressed by those guys doing that to prepare for Eldora. Also impressed by Chase Briscoe overcoming his transmission problems to contend at the end. Excellent race, 8.5/10.

I agree. And Kaz Grala did the same, and won his heat IIRC. I was impressed by those guys doing that to prepare for Eldora. Also impressed by Chase Briscoe overcoming his transmission problems to contend at the end. Excellent race, 8.5/10.
most of these youngsters have never driven a stick shift. It could have been he didn't have it all they way in gear. Then again he might have been able to hold it in and drive one handed or slap it up in third and wind it up. He drove a smart race, I could tell he had spent a lot of time on dirt. Kudo's to Goodyear who doesn't get much love, their tire was a big success, Tony going the extra mile to help with that. They could run anywhere all night long on Smokes really exceptional track

Back
Top Bottom