Rate the Race: IndyCar Grand Prix

Pretty miserable for me- the weather that is. About 60 degrees. Up in the penthouse the wind was blowing. I had two sweatshirts on and I was freezing. Then the rain started blowing up under the roof. But the race was ok.

I feel sorry for poor Marco. Robin Miller always goes on about him always coming in 12th. I wish that poor kid would win one.

Other than that, it was pretty decent. I'm ready for the 500. I tried to post a picture of the Pagoda but I couldn't get it to work.

:)

I feel sorry for poor Marco. Robin Miller always goes on about him always coming in 12th. I wish that poor kid would win one.

Well, something is missing, isn't it? Count up the wins, Indy 500 wins and championships that Marco's teammates have and his record looks even more bleak. The guy has had the best of everything his entire career, and he only has two wins. On a good day he is midfield at best. I can't even tell you why his results are so poor. He has had some great races that show he's not a slouch. Even for Marco it's got to be a mystery. Every year he "changes his approach" and we can expect a new Marco, but it still ends up with him being 10th, 11th, etc.

Would any other Andretti driver keep his ride with these kind of results? That team has lost three of it's Indy 500 winners, but they manage to keep Marco? I think I would have put more effort into keeping Wheldon, Franchitti and Sato.

It's probably not a good move to point out Marco's poor results considering we are going to his best track next. He could very well win the 500 and make me look stupid, but I'de be ok with that. I pull for him every year there. I think with a little luck one of two of his losses here could have been wins.

St. Pete is my race. My first race there was in 2011. I've been going every year since. I love the city and bought a condo down there.

The 500 is next. It's really an ordeal for me. Leave home about one or two a.m.. Drive 150 miles so I can be there at 6:30 when the parking lot opens. After the race 300-350 thousand people are trying to leave and the cops block off every frigging street in Speedway, Indiana except for two. Everyone fighting their way out with only two streets open out of town. I just sit for 2-3 hours until everyone is gone. Last year I grilled two ribeye steaks the day before the race. Took them in a cooler with some vegetables. Broke out the Coleman stove warmed everything up in a pan and sat and ate while 350,000 drunks fought their way home.

This year maybe the Mid-Ohio. I also bought a tent last year so I might travel to Pocono and spend the weekend there. At my age it's tough to get around but I try.

For the love of the sport.........

:)

The best IndyCar road race I've seen in many years, due to the rain and Simon Pagenaud's charge. Really enjoyed this race, despite the IMS road course being very uninspiring. Looking forward to the 500.

Back
Top Bottom