RATE THE RACE: The 55th Daytona 500

I thought it was fine. Good racing at the end, too. Like every race there were some lulls but every sport has that from time to time.

Terribly boring race. Only SLIGHTLY better that watching golf.
I'll give it a 1 just so I don't feel so embarrassed for sitting through the whole thing.

A 2.. That was weak. I LOVE Daytona but in my memory, that was probably the worst 500 I've ever seen, The bottom lane was nonexistent the whole race except for like 15 laps..

Sad for the sport..

Uneventful. No such thing as a boring race, unless you're not a race fan. Or a whiner.

2 for the last 30 laps.

Show me a race and I'm a fan. I didn't sit here to see a parade, but that's what I got. They could have made it the Daytona 60 and saved us all some time.

Show me a race and I'm a fan. I didn't sit here to see a parade, but that's what I got. They could have made it the Daytona 60 and saved us all some time.
Well, to each his own. But what exactly is it y'all want? Three wide all the way around? Two wide? Two cars all by themselves swapping the lead back and forth?

4. Could have been way better, and my driver left alot on the table. This was the first race with the new car. Tweaks will be made and they'll figure out some way to stack em up again.. 3 +1 for the sake of seeing cup cars race for points again..

Well, to each his own. But what exactly is it y'all want? Three wide all the way around? Two wide? Two cars all by themselves swapping the lead back and forth?

Any of those is better then what we got. if their is no second lane at really any race track, the racing suffers but esp. at daytona.. fast cars can't even make a lane work is a problem when you're not going to pass a car by yourself.

Which race did you watch? :confused: Certainly not the same race as the rest of us.

I just chose to not let the lulls in action bother me. I had the 24 scanner going on my computer, had the 10 scanner on my phone so I just sat back and enjoyed the fact that I was watching my favorite sport on it's biggest stage. :)

Any of those is better then what we got. if their is no second lane at really any race track, the racing suffers but esp. at daytona.. fast cars can't even make a lane work is a problem when you're not going to pass a car by yourself.
But here's the thing. Three wide pack racing, someone twitches and there's the big one. And R-F stands up, almost in unity, and bitches about the pack racing. Happens every time.

But here's the thing. Three wide pack racing, someone twitches and there's the big one. And R-F stands up, almost in unity, and bitches about the pack racing. Happens every time.

Yes, yet the big one can and has still happened. The parade of cars is just too extreme especially when the safety for the drivers has never been better.

It would be real easy to blame the Gen-sux car but the inside line was fast when enough cars got down there...rating=g-6

Yes, yet the big one can and has still happened. The parade of cars is just too extreme especially when the safety for the drivers has never been better.
Yup, the safety of the drivers is near perfect. But what happened yeterday?

And as far as people bitching on this forum because of the big one? Like I said, it happens every time. Year in, year out.

I just chose to not let the lulls in action bother me. I had the 24 scanner going on my computer, had the 10 scanner on my phone so I just sat back and enjoyed the fact that I was watching my favorite sport on it's biggest stage. :)

Lulls? The entire race was one big lull until the last 30 laps or so. No passing at all except for a lap or two after a restart, during pit stops, or when someone blew an engine until the last ~30 laps. Glad you were somehow entertained though! That makes one person.

Like I said, to each his own. It was uneventful yes, but not boring, at least to me.

IF this is the kind of racing this car produces I'm going t0 take up the exciting sport of golf. Maybe tiddlywinks.

People seem to forget this is the first race with the new car. Dang. Y'all know it's not the finished product and NASCAR will make some changes to it.

If this car fixes the boring racing at all the cookie cutter tracks, I'll gladly sacrifice the 4 plate races for them.

If the inside lane wasn't working how the heck did JJ win this race?

Back
Top Bottom