Rate The Races: Cup Open And The All-Star race

Didn't see the open. All Star was a 0 for me and would be a negative if I could go lower. 70 laps of pretty much follow the leader.

Open: 8

Main event: 2

Quite possibly the most useless race I've ever watched.

2.....not sure why they keep hyping this race like they do.....the "let it all hang out" "We'll probably see a 3 or 4 wide battle for the win".....this event hasn't delivered anything like that for close to 25 years!

Clean Air is NOT King… Speed is King..

Heh, heh, heh…..

When a shill such as Rusty Wallace complains about dirty air, there may be a bit of a problem hawking the above theory.

Best I can say was it had the potential to be fun but NASCAR enhanced it up.

Overall, a five.

IMO, it's not entirely fair to rate these non-point, gimmick filled races.

That said, the Open was definately better than the All-Star race.

All-Star Race: 4

What the heck was that? Four disjointed stages of gimmicks. Green = Gimmick. For a Top Tier Professional event there was too much confusion about what to do, when to do it, what it means, and trying to do it again (which apparently is against the rules)...

There was more action in the booth where The Three Stooges + Larry were talking over each other in excited voices. "One Hot Night" or "Pass in the Grass" needs to be stricken from their vocabulary, and someone needs to sort out that team to enhance their coherence and "understandable" synergy.

Maybe they should just go back to waving the Green Flag, then let the racers race until the Checkered Flag, instead of the Stage "Mania" with 6 lap option tires.

This Exhibition of Speed with Green Tires was one experiment too far...

Open :7
All-Star: 4
Such a big let down after such a big buildup. Truck Race was better. Green Tires went sour.

Never seen so many low ratings. I of course didnt get to watch it, but the ratings are disappointing. I remember looking forward to this race.

Open=7. That battle between 24,19,77 was good and the 24 21 was good.

ASR = 2. Because I like cars on the track, it that's it. Absolutely terrible racing, follow the leader, it's sad when I'm begging for caution. Just to get some drama. O and option tires suck, you need a much softer tire actually matter.

Open = 8

ASR = 2

I always hate the ASR. It's always a lot of gimmicky nonsense and is about as exciting to watch as the NFL Pro Bowl (does anybody ever watch that?). The soft tires turned out to be a whole lot of nothing IMHO. I don't think they added one hoot to the overall quality of the race. Also, they go through all the gimmicks and stages all evening long then boil it down to just a 10 lap shootout at the end. FWIW, I think the last stage should have been at least 30 laps instead of just 10. I just don't think that after all of the evening's buildup that 10 laps is enough to determine the winner of a race of this supposed importance. Give me an old fashioned straight point race any day.

I thought I would check in to see if I missed anything worthwhile as I passed on last night's goings on. It sounds like I made a wise choice and that those trying to claim speed is king need to give reality a look.

I thought I would check in to see if I missed anything worthwhile as I passed on last night's goings on. It sounds like I made a wise choice and that those trying to claim speed is king need to give reality a look.
So this one race negates all of the other races? LMAO

Newsflash: Charlotte night racing has sucked for 20 years

That was pretty much what happens at the end of every race these days.

I watched less commercials (DVR) I enjoyed the evening events I give it a 9, based on all the rules and such they had to deal with.

Sad that Larson had a little slow pit stop in the last pit stop, that boy was on a mission. :D

Zero. Boring. Too many commercials. We can't go 20 laps without commercials?

Shark. Jumped.

Reactions: Acs
When the only highlights they can show in a recap video are restarts and the last lap, it was a boring race. I didn't watch, so I won't rate it, but it couldn't have been good. Saw some great racing at the 1/4 mile dirt track Five Mile Point Speedway last night. I guess I didn't miss much...

Open 8
ASR 4 Green tires proved themselves to be just as stupid in use as the other racing series, a gimmick that is nothing but a PITA, green instead of red. Unlike other 1.5's so far, Charlotte continues to be a one grove track. The next experiment should be to pitch the green tires and get somebody to cut the skirts and splitters away on the cars.

Back
Top Bottom