Rate The Xfinity Race: Darlington

8.5. A great race, magnified by a compelling storyline (Ross Chastain). It was a little bit anticlimactic for the final ~20 laps, but not all great battles last until the final checkered flag. I'm sure Chastain is delighted that his foes were two recent cup champions. This race did more for him than a win against minor league opponents would do.

Harvick taking race leader Chastain three wide at the exit of turn 2 at Darlington is total bonehead. His actions after... on pit road and then the TV interview... were completely classless. #Harvicking.

Need more competent non-Cup drivers.
Step up or watch better drivers win.
That’s how racing has always been.

I get your point, but I'm tired of the stink shows in Xfin. Todays racing between Kez and Ross was fun to watch, but unusual in that series.

Need more competent non-Cup drivers.
Step up or watch better drivers win.
That’s how racing has always been.
If they were more competent, they'd be running Cup. They have to get competent somewhere, and that's what X is for.
Until the wreck, Chastain had stepped up, holding two Cup drivers and one of the hotter X drivers at bay.

If they were more competent, they'd be running Cup. They have to get competent somewhere, and that's what X is for.
Until the wreck, Chastain had stepped up, holding two Cup drivers and one of the hotter X drivers at bay.
Agreed. Ross was doing well but evidently driving over his head. Rookie decision to stay on Harvick’s door ended his best day.
He’s had one good performance in a televised motorsport event.
Chip said he’ll give him another shot. Let’s see what he’ll do with it.

:idunno: Everyone can think what they think about that wreck, but I think it was some rubbing and racing that Ross overreacted to when he could still have won the race.

Other than that heat-of-the-moment turning of Kevin, Ross handled himself well throughout the race and post-race. Chastain to the 1?

I will say that while I have no problems with Kevin's post-race comments, him parking in the 42's pit box was a ******* move. What was he planning on doing, waiting 15 minutes to fight Ross?

:idunno: Everyone can think what they think about that wreck, but I think it was some rubbing and racing that Ross overreacted to when he could still have won the race.

Other than that heat-of-the-moment turning of Kevin, Ross handled himself well throughout the race and post-race. Chastain to the 1?

I will say that while I have no problems with Kevin's post-race comments, him parking in the 42's pit box was a dipsh!t move. What was he planning on doing, waiting 15 minutes to fight Ross?
Harvick is brave behind the wheel, but when it comes to getting out of the car, he's a candy ass. It was a bitch move the parking incident in the pit box, don't know what he was hoping to accomplish there outside of making a fool of himself.

Reactions: sdj
Out of respect to ToyYoda who averages all the ratings for us, can we keep this for ratings?
It makes it hard for him to find the ratings ---
Some of the later posts are really more suited to the race thread.
Just a suggestion, folks.
Yep.

Back
Top Bottom