Rate The Xfinity Race: The Charlotte ROVAL

10 for the fact they aren't running another 1.5 mile cookie cutter, but in terms of actual road course racing, probably a 7.

A lot better than expected.8 maybe a 9?

Come on, friends --- give ToyYoda a single number to work with instead of making him choose. Make it easier for
him to average.
I wish I could give a rating, but didn't have TV reception and only spotty internet due to thunderstorms. :(
Sounds like it was a decent race, tho.

Definitely not as good a race as the X series put on earlier this year on the three true road courses, but more entertaining than another 1.5'er. As I noted in the race thread, it certainly wasn't the complete disaster so many predicted. Of five or six restarts, they made it cleanly through 1, 2, and 3 all but once. It was too short with respect to the other R/C races for this series.

6? Maybe I'm missing something but I did fall asleep for like 15 laps of it. Honestly I think my expectations were too high

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll go an 8. This wasn't anywhere near the catastrophe a lot of people thought it would be.

One chicane too many.

And yes, very short race. Also stage racing at road courses makes no sense!

Get rid of the front chicane and turn 1 would become a legit passing zone.

7 Wish it had been a cutoff race for them, maybe a little more exciting.

8 if the roval is around next year,changes need to be made to create some passing zones. Also I agree, no stages in road course races. I thought 125 miles was long enough.

I was there and it was great. The young guns did very well, new winner, hard fought. There was racing all over the place. I do not know how tv did it but it was a lot of fun for us. Was it the best race I have ever seen, no, but for the first time they got it done very clean. I am certain some adjustments will be made to the course. My view was great also see photo below. Oh yeah, how bought that #4 Watermelon Grower from Florida.

our seats 1.jpg

I was there and it was great. The young guns did very well, new winner, hard fought. There was racing all over the place. I do not know how tv did it but it was a lot of fun for us. Was it the best race I have ever seen, no, but for the first time they got it done very clean. I am certain some adjustments will be made to the course. My view was great also see photo below. Oh yeah, how bought that #4 Watermelon Grower from Florida.

View attachment 36306
A 'rate the race' post with some backbone. Tough to rely on the ratings for an event that is dictated by someone else's idea of what to show the viewing public. I know that after attending some of these events, coming on here and reading other's thoughts sometimes makes me wonder if I was at the wrong track..... taking in a completely different race. Television will never do these races justice. Television simply can't show all the action.

But..... since it is a 'rate the race' thread..... I'll throw out a number 7.

It kept my interest throughout. In fact, it was the only Xfinity race that I watched start to finish. Including the pre and post race shows. This was the only race that I had marked on my calendar because we finally got to see something different for a change.

Glad you had a good time @sdj. I hope that you've got a great event in store for you today as well.

A very good race on a treacherous course that rewarded skill and risk-taking. Glad that it will be lengthened some for next year. Also glad the tire wall at the back chicane was moved a bit, but the high curbs ("turtles") were left in place. That was the right decision IMO. Memo to Goodyear: a softer tire please, with more grip and more fall-off.

Back
Top Bottom