Rate The Xfinity Race: Watkins Glen

Racing was good at parts. Wish the rain would’ve stayed (can’t believe in saying that)

Stages are lame. The holler monkeys in the booth are a real pain in the ass. So much fake hype and yelling.

7.5 The worst booth "fake" whooping and hollering that I've ever heard. Screaming the entire race doesn't make the racing any better.

I mean, they have to talk loud for the way they was doing it. I don't think any of them was in a booth were they? All were on parts of the tracks where the cars would be louder than they are. So they kind of had to yell.

I give it a 7.

I don’t know why just listening to the nbc booth regardless of circumstance just makes me annoyed, gives me a migraine, and makes me upset lol. Mute button does wonders

Not my favorite venue...but give it an 8. Dry...wet...a little suspense. Just wish there was more passing! More chrome horn stuff...definitely not a Kez fan, but that was oh so close to putting that golden spoon around, dang it!

5, I’m being generous.

Yep, a 5 tops.

A few thoughts on the broadcast:

- Not showing what place anyone came in when the Dinger won the stage, and showing us the hot and heavy race for 15th instead of giving camera time to AJ's sponsor while he was in the lead and winning the race was shameful.
- Listening to Rick call the start and the first corner almost made me turn it off. Please NBC put him back as a pit reporter.

6, had to got to MRN for announcing but they were at least 5 seconds ahead.

6, had to got to MRN for announcing but they were at least 5 seconds ahead.

I knew those MRN guys were good, but the fact that they actually sense what is going to happen several seconds before it does sheds a whole new light on it.

Actually, it is probably the standard TV 7-second delay just in case Burton starts dropping F-bombs again. He's been known to get tired of all these monkey fighting Cuppers in this Monday to Friday Xfinity race.

I knew those MRN guys were good, but the fact that they actually sense what is going to happen several seconds before it does sheds a whole new light on it.

Actually, it is probably the standard TV 7-second delay just in case Burton starts dropping F-bombs again. He's been known to get tired of all these monkey fighting Cuppers in this Monday to Friday Xfinity race.

I know there is a delay,I was pointing out the fact that there was a delay.I know they can't predict the future.Do you really think that was what I was saying?

staged racing sucks
staging a command for all to put on rain tires.
f1 hungary was great bc they could change when they wanted.
there were full wets, inters, and slicks on the track at the same time.
very entertaining.

9.5. Great race between Joey and Kez, separated early by strategy but converged later for a classic battle at a classic venue for stock cars. Strong supporting cast - Preece, Larson, Dinger, rain for added spice. I'm not a fan of NBC's team, but the angst in this thread is over the top, including conspiracy theories and golden spoon hatred... SMH.

Racing was good at parts. Wish the rain would’ve stayed (can’t believe in saying that)

Stages are lame. The holler monkeys in the booth are a real pain in the ass. So much fake hype and yelling.

Pretty much agree, especially about the motor mouths.
And stages, sick of hearing about them.
And points. I couldn't care less about points!
The racing was good though!

Back
Top Bottom