Raymond Beadle

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
I was just watching a few You Tube videos of RB and thought maybe some of you might enjoy them. He was one awesome guy. I was at his race shop and his race car trailer company Chaparral trailers in Texas back in the 80's.

Reactions: sdj
Ronny Young built a Blue Max car and he found and restored one of Beadles original haulers to haul the car in.

Del Worsham was the first to do a tribute Blue Max car and they debuted it at the Texas Motorplex and Beadle came out to hang out with them and watch the car run. It's first pass was quicker than any pass a Blue Max car had ever ran. At Bakersfield the fuel shut off lever rattled loose and leaned the engine out and blew the body off of the car when Ron Capps was driving it. I was working on the Nitro Cowboy car in the other lane and that was one of the first passes on a brand-new car. The damaged Blue Max body ended up hanging on the wall in Worsham's race shop. I moved over to Worsham's team the next year.

Back in the 70's, Bradenton Speedway in Bradenton Fla., had the "Snowbirds" in the winter. It was my first time seeing and hearing a Funny Car, boy howdy I was hooked from then on. That day I saw the "Blue Max" and the "Gold Coast Duster" race, it was fantastic. Also there was several Top Fuel cars and "Big Daddy" was there also. Hell of a day for sure.

Back
Top Bottom