Ready to go

R

racerx11

Next week is opening day at my track and I guess I am as ready as I am going to be. I would like to have gotten our other head back together but I'm limited to what I can spend because of bills for my wedding. The car was fast enough to compete last year so we should be OK. My dad ran the car a couple time last year and I bought it from him. The car is fast but could be faster. The strength of the car will have to be the driver. I have not been on the track in almost two years. I'll let you know how I do.

Well it is race day and I pumped, even a little nervous. All we have to do is load up and go.

Alright, so we did not start out so great, but it could have been worse and I had a blast. I went to load the car, and of course, it would not start. Wouldn't even turn over. I just installed the battery the night before and everything checked out OK. I tested the battery and it was fine. I found a loose battery conection. Tightened it up and the car fire right up. When we got to the track, the car had a hard time running at a low idle. It was like that al the way through the heat race. I think we just had some water in the fuel system cause it ran fine in the feature.

The actual racing wasn't bad. I started 4th in the heat and finished third. I had second but got loose coming out of turn one and a guy got past me. I thought I could get him back in the next corner but got the wheels in the squishy stuff and lost too much grond.

In the feature I started fith and ended up sixth. I had a real hard time of it in the feature. I was holding my ground until lap three, I again got in the squishy stuff and spun out. I got it gathered back up without bringing out the caution and got back on my way running 9th until a caution came out for the second place car who broke moving me up tp 8th. On the restart, with one to go, I got a good jump and was able to pull up to the 5th place car between turns one and two. I think we were three wide and the car to the outside forced him down into me, or he just came down on his own, Icouldn't really tell. I was pushed back down in the soft stuff and jus barely avoided the tire marking the turn 2 exit. We raced back to the finish line and I ended up sixth.

We had a low turn out for our class, Only ten cars, but I know of atleast six other cars that did not show up for what ever reason. Fine with me cause it was double points night and that will give me a big headstart.

kick'd ass brought to you by racerx11.

awsome job man, sounds like you have some fun eh? thanks for sharing your weekend with us :)

Back
Top Bottom