Reagan Smith With The Hot Takes (F1)

F1 is by far the worst racing

I clicked over to read his multiple tweets on the subject and got a bit dumber. Both series have merits, and both have challenges. I can appreciate both. They are extremely different and there is little value in comparing them or having a d**k measuring contest.

I agree, F1 and Nascar are apples and oranges. I don't think trashing F1 is gonna solve Nascar's problems or excuse them.

You know what was cool? When Fernando Alonso paid respect and humility to both American open wheel racing and to NASCAR. This idiocy from Smith is the real "garbage".

fernando-alonso-jimmie-johnson.jpg

I clicked over to read his multiple tweets on the subject and got a bit dumber. Both series have merits, and both have challenges. I can appreciate both. They are extremely different and there is little value in comparing them or having a d**k measuring contest.

I kinda have to agree. I think F1 is boring is **** and have no desire to watch it, but NASCAR and it's package at 1.5 mile tracks as of late isn't much better. And the fact that they're so resistant to change that makes it worse.

Idk this weeks F1 race was terrific. Their problem is a lack of parity, where as NASCAR has 10-15 drivers that can hit a setup and potentially win. I know Harvick, Busch and Truex are clearly a cut above, but Ferrari and Mercedes are scarily dominant

Some people are fans of F1, some aren't. I enjoy watching IndyCar for the most part (Phoenix's races were terrible until last night). I just don't enjoy F1 aside from Monaco or Spa.

Useless comparing the two and no reason to really...it’s apples and oranges. A Sunday Night Hot Take from Regan to get people talking on Monday Morning is all that is.

I kinda have to agree. I think F1 is boring is sh!t and have no desire to watch it, but NASCAR and it's package at 1.5 mile tracks as of late isn't much better. And the fact that they're so resistant to change that makes it worse.
Resistant to change what?

I can laugh this off because at least we are not arguing CART vrs IRL.

Personally I only have a small interest in Nascar, but I would never dis their teams or drivers. If nascar drivers are not so good, who can anyone explain Indycar drivers going there and sucking? Maybe it's a little harder than it looks.

But, the guy is right that F1 racing sucks. Sadder still is that while they are floundering to rescue their disappearing fan base, there are no plans to make the cars any better for next year. If I am running things, it would have been fixed last year. We knew we had a problem last year at Oz, but the FIA did nothing and we are stuck with the same poorly racing cars a year later.

The FIA has proven over and or they will ignore their own regulations whenever they please, so there is nothing to stop them from declaring force majeure (which they have in the past) and make the teams change the cars. It would be a simple matter to give the teams three races to produce smaller wings and pull all the barge boards off the cars. That would make things considerably better, and it might even shake up the order.

At the Monaco Grand Prix in 1968, the teams were forced to ditch their high mounted wings overnight, and some cars had to run with no rear wing at all. Yhis is just a small example of the FIA changing things whenever they please, but other examples include forcing a skid plate on the teams mid season in 1994, the Barcelona overnight chicane, and even the ridiculous Eau Rouge chicane. Add to that banning the Porsche 917's movable spoilers mid weekend, and you can see the FIA simply does whatever it pleases, whenever it pleases.

I'm not believing that given six weeks the teams could not convert their current cars. Just pull all the ugly crap off of them and that would reduce turbulence so much that we might actually see some racing.

Back
Top Bottom