Recent news

B

BebiF1

Yesterday Donnington Park announced that it would like to take a stab at taking the British GP away from Silverstone if F1 would lower ticket prices and the Park owner said he would put some 50 mil. into the place for new grandstands, paddock and pit area.

After the German GP Trulli made complaints to the FIA against Micheal's pass on the run off area which was illegal according to the rules stating that all overtaking must be done between the white lines on the racing surface. Trulli also said Micheal would have never got by without that pass but also says that the complaints may not be needed because of Micheals Tyre failure later in the race.

Ferrari has stated that chances for winning the upcoming Hungarian GP are slim and that they will not win. Renault will hold an upper hand I would think with a very demanding tight track and little places for overtaking. Williams and McLaren would also be in the hunt as well.

I think as long as ferrari has MS in the seat that they will awlays have a chance at a win.

I would say bring the Park on. I like that track and would like to see the f1 guys there.

It wont happen, Donnington needs MAJOR work to make it anywhere near the level that it needs to be to be up to F1 standards, in terms of both spectator facilties and track design. The course is too bumpy for modern day F1 cars as it is now, and the run off areas arent big enough for F1, if someone crashed at over 180mph it would be a disaster. Its also worth noting that Silverstone is investing around 30 million to upgrade its already great facilties. Despite what BE has to say about the track most other people like the place.

Anyway, yeah Donnington is a great track and I also like it, but at the moment it dosent seem up to hosting a F1 event. Ive been there and seen the facilties first hand, and theres a distinct lack of grandstands for the spectators, not to mention a small ish paddock for the teams. If the track is serious about hosting a F1 event its going to need major work done on it. More than 50 million pounds thats for sure. Theres always been talk in recent years with regards to moving the British GP, to either Brands Hatch or Donnington, and some have even mentioned Rockingham.

But as long as Silverstone gets the neccacry goverment funding BE has promised the track owners and the BRDC that they will have the contract for the British Grand Prix up until at least 2015. Sounds good to me, as in my eyes and a lot of others in the British public Silverstone is Britans best motor racing venue.

Silverstone does often pose great race scenarios with weather and things but I would still like to see them go to Brands Hatch. I love that circuit but I think it would also need some fixing up if it were to hold a GP.

Back
Top Bottom