Recognize this car

H

HardScrabble

Seems the very first post I made on this board was a recognize this car deal. Thought I would try another, some of ya'll saw this as my icon for a few days somewhere else.

Steve Park's new ride? lol

I have no idea what that is.

The car is 85 years old. Or at least the original is.

The original was built in 1917 for Barney Oldfield. It was conceived in an attempt to engineer a safer race car.

Oldfield was probably America's first racing hero, known for wearing his cap backwards ( way before Jr even thought about it) and his trademark cigar. The cigar was so important to Barney that for many many years he refused to ever have his picture without it.

This picture is of a full size and authentic replica taken bck around 1985 at a historic race car meet at Winchester Speedway.

To see more pictures and the racing record of this ahead of its time machine, go here:

LInk

wow, thanks for sharing and the info hs. you always seem to have goo interesting stuff:D

Looks like the Good Year Blimp had an affair with a T-model Ford:p

I was very fortunate about 20 years ago to run up with an 80 year old guy who was doing vintage race car restorations. I had the pleasure of working with him for about 4 years in my spare time. Learned a lot of interesting stuff.

One of the best we did, a sprint car for the late 40's:

Back
Top Bottom