Recycle???

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
In your county, state, city, community are you required to recycle??

Not here and it annoys me no end. :mad:

Why doesn't government require recycling EVERYWHERE??

Because they do have certain tyypes of garbage/recycling plants that take care of that sort of thing for us:D

Originally posted by judas1
Because they do have certain tyypes of garbage/recycling plants that take care of that sort of thing for us:D

Judas, everywhere but Atlanta that I have lived supplies "blue Boxes" for cans, plastic, etc. and requires newspapers stacked and tied.
The city trucks came 1x a week for the recyclable stuff, while regular pckup was on another day. They even came out back to pick up.

Just think, if there were more Gvt. mandated recycling, we all could help save the planet together.

Don't get me started (not meant to you Judas), I am a huge supporter of save the planet.

Yes, but not as much as we used to. The recycling laws in NYC have recently changed because our local economy can no longer afford them. 9/11 dealt it an almost devastating blow.

My landlord recently issued this notice:

July 1, 2002

RECYCLING RULES CHANGED
by N.Y.C Department of Sanitation as follows:

NO GLASS BOTTLES
NO PLASTIC BOTTLES OR JUGS

These items are no longer recycled. They must be bagged with regular garbage and placed in the garbage chute for compaction. Please do not place unbagged glass in the chute.

Everything remains the same for paper. Please read the blue and green posters in the garbage/recyling room for explicit directions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BTW, there is no such recyling room in my apartment, at least none that tenants have access to. There are just these two plastic containers directly outside my door, presumably for paper and bottles, but I always suspected everything went straight into the "compaction" room along with everything else. My super was telling me to throw recycleable stuff down the chute long before I got this notice. I never did listen to him but, then, I also think he's a spy for Al Qaeda. :)

I don't know about required, but here in Harford County, Md., they pick up my trash Monday and recyclables (plastic and metal cans) on Thursday.
There is also several recycling centers that take yard waste, and one that takes everything. All but one is recycling center free.

Originally posted by kat2220
In your county, state, city, community are you required to recycle??

Not here and it annoys me no end. :mad:  

Why doesn't government require recycling EVERYWHERE??

It is required here and THAT annoys me to no end:mad: We are required to recycle and the cost to do so is entirely up to the individual........require it by law, then pay for it by law!! Too damned much government in our lives!!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom