Remembering Alan

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
18 years ago we lost a great champion who did things his way.

RIP, Alan.

I'll never, ever forget his hauler making a final lap at Bristol in the rain. All the other teams were standing on pit wall as it took the checkered flag.

I never liked the man, but he was really a genius and that enabled him to win the Winston Cup. The man he turned down for a job was the recipient of his geniusness, Junior Johnson. The more time goes by, the more I miss him...just as I do ol' Ironhead. Seems they just don't make them like they used to.

i think of alan every time i see the polish victory lap, which has become the norm today. same thing when i see hooters. i usually think of davey allison whenever i think of alan. two great young drivers, dying close together with their best years still to come. RIP Alan and Davey.

Definitely miss Alan.

I'll never forget watching ESPN and the interruption in the show I was watching to inform us of the tragic news.

I never liked the man

Wow. Did you ever meet him?

Definitely miss Alan.

I'll never forget watching ESPN and the interruption in the show I was watching to inform us of the tragic news.

Wow. Did you ever meet him?
No, but I never met Earnhardt the senior either and I didn't like him. I've never met Kyle Busch but I am growing fond of him too. There are a plethora of people that I've never met but don't like. I can think of several Europeans that come to mind right off the bat. Do you think that in order to acquire an opinion of someone, one must first meet them? I'm not going to sit here and explain my thoughts on Alan because this is not the place to do it. God rest his soul and all others who have gone before and after him.

No, but I never met Earnhardt the senior either and I didn't like him. I've never met Kyle Busch but I am growing fond of him too. There are a plethora of people that I've never met but don't like. I can think of several Europeans that come to mind right off the bat. Do you think that in order to acquire an opinion of someone, one must first meet them? I'm not going to sit here and explain my thoughts on Alan because this is not the place to do it. God rest his soul and all others who have gone before and after him.

Fair enough. You make good points. I was just curious.

I used to despise Tony Stewart. Now, he's one of the guys (J.J. Yeley being the other) I pull for on Sundays.

This is late but, I was still in High School. I remember waking up that morning & my mom asking me who NASCAR driver Alan Kulwicki was because she knew I was a huge race fan? I said that he was the previous years champion who was sponsored by Hooters, also because that summer of 1992 we had spent considerable time in Atlanta GA & had went to the Hooters that was in the Underground Mall. I asked why she asked about him & she told me what happened & right away I felt sick. Unbelievable I thought the man had worked sooo hard & overcome soo much to get to where he was it had been such a huge accomplishment, it just wasn't fair.

Back
Top Bottom