Remembering Greg Moore

D

DanicaFan

I thought I would post a tribute to the late Greg Moore. Greg, tragically lost his life 10 years ago this day in an auto racing accident.

Greg was racing for Player's Forsythe Racing at the time. The date was Oct. 31, 1999. He was in the final race of the CART World Series Season. It was the Marlboro 500 at California Speedway, now Auto Club Speedway. On lap 10, he lost control in Turn 2, went into the grass, running over an access road which flipped the car and he struck an infield concrete wall. He was only 24 years old.

The next year he would of been at Penske Racing. It's hard telling what he would of accomplished had this not happened.

Rest In Peace Greg.:(

I remember watching and when I seen the I had a bad feeling. Even more sad was that wasnt he supposed to move to Penske the following season and after he died Penske sign Helio Castronevas in his place. Had that accident not of happend we could be calling him 3 time Indy 500 winner Greg Moore.

Had that accident not of happend we could be calling him 3 time Indy 500 winner Greg Moore.

When Dario won the championship this year, he alluded to that as well, mentioning that Greg would have won several by now. I have to agree. As I said in another thread, I was a big Greg Moore fan. I'll remember that accident the way others remember Dale Sr's.

Back
Top Bottom