Remote starters

Bobw

Team Owner
Ok, I'm old school. I used to go out and start my car/truck. Get out & brush snow off, scrape icy windshield all the while freezing my ass off. Gloves? I don't need no stinkin' gloves.
Now my wife looks out the pichur window, hits a button and her car starts. Gives me that little lmao smile. Smarty pants...

Im weird. I kinda like going outside and cleaning it off. Start it up, walk around, wipe her off. Not fun when it is -25.6 F.

I think it is a waste of gas. The car heats up faster when driving it. In Minnesota it is illegal to let a car run unattended with the keys in the ignition (remote starters are OK). I realize there are a lot of people who don't handle the cold very well (even here).

It's great in the winter mornings when you are rushing around getting ready for work, nothing like heated seats too!

Just a gimmick if you live in SoCal :cool:
Smarty pants wife says it works great for a/c too.

The car heats up faster when driving it..
If you start it up first by the time you've brushed the car off/scraped the windshield of ice you only need to drive a mile or two, taking it slow and easy as it warms up, before getting decent heat.

Back
Top Bottom