Renshaw on her way to recovery

P

pettyfan4life

Renshaw on her way to recovery
By DAVID POOLE
The Charlotte Observer
Deborah Renshaw, injured in an Oct. 9 wreck at Lowe's Motor Speedway in which Automobile Racing Club of America series driver Eric Martin was killed, says she is determined to return to racing after healing from a concussion, seven broken bones in her left foot and three compressed discs in her back.

"I think it would be cheating myself if I didn't try again," Renshaw said in an interview published in this week's issue of "NASCAR Winston Cup Scene."

Renshaw has signed to drive in the Grand National series with Team Bristol and car owner Rick Goodwin. She was to have made her debut on Oct. 16.

Renshaw said the last thing she remembers is being on pit road preparing to make a mock qualifying run. After that, her first memory is being in the ambulance with two emergency workers on her way to the hospital after being treated in the infield care center.

She doesn't remember whether or not she heard any warnings that Martin has spun from her spotter, Bob Schacht, before she came around the track and T-boned his car.

"I wish I could answer that question for myself, but I don't have an answer to that," she said. "...When I run a (mock qualifying) lap, I can tell you that I'm totally focused on one thing ... and that's laying down a good number, putting down a good lap and getting everything our of that race car I can. There's no answer to what happened. It just happened. It's a tragic accident."

I was wondering how she was doing and if she still was going to take over the 54 car. It looks like we will see her at Daytona!!

I was gonna make a thread yesterday asking if anyone knew anything about her and then I found this on Thatsracin.com

I am glad to hear she is doing ok. Looks like next year there will be two women in Nascar Busch series, her and Shawna.

Back
Top Bottom