Report- Clash coming to Bowman Gray in 2025

Spotter22

Team Owner
Fantastic if True. Great Venue with Loyal Fans who have packed that place every Saturday night. It holds 17,000 but I imagine with hospitality suites it will be around 20,000 Teams will save a huge amount of money on travel and Hotels. Gonna be a made for TV event for sure, just load a car that you dont care if it comes back and leave your feelings at the entry gate.

I wonder who will get tickets? Really think the demand will be quite high. While I prefer a Daytona Clash, this makes sense for a number of reasons. Goof choice.

Snowed in WS last year

Must not have been a measurable snow. Several NC meteorologists have noted that Central NC (Charlotte, the Piedmont and the Triangle) are in the middle of the longest snowfall deficit in recorded history.

Caraway Speedway had a race in the middle of January this past year.

Hopefully the Cup drivers understand the concept of racing here a bit better than the morons that "race" there weekly

Must not have been a measurable snow. Several NC meteorologists have noted that Central NC (Charlotte, the Piedmont and the Triangle) are in the middle of the longest snowfall deficit in recorded history.

Caraway Speedway had a race in the middle of January this past year.
We've (east Tennessee) haven't had much snow the last several years. But we got hit with 9 inches in mid January. You never know.

Pretty sure the place needs plenty of improvements. This will give Nascar plenty of write offs. Next, maybe there is an abandoned mall parking lot somewhere in Virginia.

Color me not impressed, I've never had a desire to see Cup cars run this place. Saying that when its winter here in the Chicago area and its dark, cold, snowy and miserable with the racing withdrawl at its highest you damn sure I'll be tuning in.

Color me not impressed, I've never had a desire to see Cup cars run this place. Saying that when its winter here in the Chicago area and its dark, cold, snowy and miserable with the racing withdrawl at its highest you damn sure I'll be tuning in.
Me too lol. They don't have anything close to a decent pit area, but that didn't stop the clash from happening in L.A.

They will get posted.

Bowman Gray does not need that much work though. They've had nationally televised K&N and Modified races there.

As for safety, if it's safe to run those 600 horsepower Modifieds that weigh 2,610 pounds with large ass tires that maximize handling and performance, I'm sure a 3,400 pound ****box with 670 horsepower will be fine.

The place packs in close to 17,000 people every Saturday night during the summer.

Anything else NASCAR needs, they can probably put up and take down within a month like they do in Chicago and Los Angeles.

It's so cool that NASCAR is honoring its history by having The Clash and the All Star Race at two of the sport's most historic and iconic venues.

One more thing, the races I've gone to there, the shenanigans were actually kept to a minimum and I was surprised at how good the actual racing was.

It may not be as good with the NextGen since this car's a ****box on real racetracks... but it's still a cool event.

Don't let the reputation of Bowman Gray Stadium deceive you.

Cup cars shouldn't be on any track that is under a 1/2 mile in length. I expect it to suck just as bad as the LA coliseum did, but that won't stop me from watching.

Cup cars shouldn't be on any track that is under a 1/2 mile in length. I expect it to suck just as bad as the LA coliseum did, but that won't stop me from watching.
Bowman Grey is worse. It's narrower than the Clash was. It's the racing equivalent of the gong show most nights.

Reactions: sdj
One more thing, the races I've gone to there, the shenanigans were actually kept to a minimum and I was surprised at how good the actual racing was.

It may not be as good with the NextGen since this car's a ****box on real racetracks... but it's still a cool event.

Don't let the reputation of Bowman Gray Stadium deceive you.
I think you have your S' box's mixed up. lol

Unlike some, I’ll give it a chance before I judge it. Hard to say how good or bad a race will be before we even see it tbh haha

Makes me wonder if they will put an inside wall around the track. Some of the clown show happens when they cut across the grass to try to nail the offender and it turns into a combination crash derby/bull fighter safety personnel dodging event. The regulars would probably crap on themselves if they put a wall up.

Back
Top Bottom