Richmond Pre-Race Thread

Top 10 qualifiers. All Chevy, all Hendrick front row.

1711816697085.png

Larson and Bowman looked great in practice.

Elliott didn't seem to have the long run pace but obviously speed in the car.

Blaney looks solid too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OK so I am seeing a lot of negativity about NASCAR racing on Easter Sunday. Why? All other major sports play on Easter. Today you also have MLB/NHL/NBA and March Madness not to mention that NFL plays Thanksgiving and the NBA always has a full slate on Christmas. I am digging that it's a night race so people have time to spend with families and do what they do for Easter all day whether that be church or whatever. My family already did an Easter egg hunt for the kids and now we will have a nice dinner and then watch the race tonight. I guess the old NASCAR had a tradition to NOT run on Easter but some traditions should change. As I have said before though, I'd still be all for an additional couple off weeks during the summer months so they race until the Sunday before Thanksgiving like they used to. Still not liking no more racing after first week of November.

Larson and Bowman looked great in practice.

Elliott didn't seem to have the long run pace but obviously speed in the car.

Blaney looks solid too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah I am shocked to see Chase qualify so high as Richmond has been a struggle for him. Hopefully they can adjust as the race goes on and get some long run speed in the car but a top 10 would feel like win to me.

Looking like a delay definitely possible tonight. Rain should be mostly done by green flag time.

Race night from the Action Track! What better way to wind down from Easter gathering or dinner than a Cup race. Glad they are racing on this holiday now

Meh, I fully expect the JGR show with maybe Larson as an occasional interloper. @Revman ’s guys flat out own Richmond
Honestly, not sure what to expect, and that makes it pretty fun. Such a technical track....track position and strategy/adjustments will be key. Gabehart is brilliant in these situations, so I see Denny as OUR bullet, but The Chain Gang looks good....and Ford has been thrashing. What a great sport!

I think it is so cool that we run on Easter night. Family time during the day.....party at night. LFG!!!!

As I have said before though, I'd still be all for an additional couple off weeks during the summer months so they race until the Sunday before Thanksgiving like they used to. Still not liking no more racing after first week of November.
NASCAR and the networks got tired of competing with the 800-lb gorilla that is the NFL.

The infamous itchabodian dog left is conducive to forming a rain shield vortex and and is to early for things to get eclaptic.

Kind of interested to see how they call this to be honest. Can't race in the rain, but can race on wet track. So it's not like we still have to wait two hours once the rain stops, but the rain does need to stop before they can race.

Kind of interested to see how they call this to be honest. Can't race in the rain, but can race on wet track. So it's not like we still have to wait two hours once the rain stops, but the rain does need to stop before they can race.

I don't see any scenario where this doesn't happen tonight. Worst case scenario has rain ending about 8pm EST. They will be ready to go pretty quickly with the Titans and wet tires.

They just said on TV that they are expecting the race to start on time. If that doesn't bring the rain nothing will.

I thought the wet weather tires were so they didn't have to spend time drying the track?.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom