Richmond Ribs

A

abooja

If the race were a little less exciting, I might have actually enjoyed this:

Kansas City style smoked pork spareribs
Macoroni and cheese
Baked beans
Corn on the cob

Looks better than it tasted...and it'd look a lot better if I could get this stupid camera to take clear photos. Ribs were very tender -- meat fell off the bone. But I actually prefer a slightly drier rib, charred a bit, with an outer crust. Can't get that with a city slicker stovetop smoker. (Try saying that five times fast.)

Mac and cheese, once again, was too cheesy. I ALWAYS overdo it with the cheese. I'll add some milk to it when I reheat it.

Baked beans rocked! But that's probably because they started out as a can of Campbell's Baked Beans. :D I added some stuff, including bacon, bell pepper, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Tabasco, etc.

Corn, finally, was tasty. Haven't had decent corn around here all season. Oh, to live in the country again...

Don't know how much longer I'll do this weekly menu thing. It's a lot of work! Might have to pass the torch to DE_Wrangler. He'll be posting CutiePie's handiwork shortly, I think. :)

I'm sorry...that was way too big.

I think I need to go to sleep. :uhmnotsur

"Mac and cheese, once again, was too cheesy. I ALWAYS overdo it with the cheese. I'll add some milk to it when I reheat it."

my dear dear boo.....hasn't anyone ever told you that there is NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH CHEESE ?!?!??!

;)

Originally posted by PenskeGirl
"Mac and cheese, once again, was too cheesy. I ALWAYS overdo it with the cheese. I'll add some milk to it when I reheat it."

my dear dear boo.....hasn't anyone ever told you that there is NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH CHEESE ?!?!??! ;)

Agreed in full PenskeGirl, Never too much cheese!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

oops, speaking of full, those beans were great....POOOOOOOOOOTT

Boo, you won't need metamucil, corn AND beans in the same meal will help that roughage problem. hehehe PURRRRRRRRRR

As I type this, at 8:58 AM, I sure could go for a plate of them ribs.....

PG: Believe me...There's no bigger fan of cheese out there than me! (See my signature.) It's just that, when you put too much cheese into a baked macaroni and cheese (can't believe I spelled that wrong last night), it tends to act like cement, suspending all the macaroni pieces in a brittle, lifeless statue of cheese. I prefer a slightly creamier mac & cheese, though I'd never go for any of those boxed concoctions. Those are a total sham.

Ward: If you can make it up to Yankeeland for the second time ever in your life, you are more than welcome to have all these extra ribs. I have sort of an aversion to leftovers, thanks to an obsessive need to eat only the most freshly prepared foods possible. I might eat a rib or two more, but I suspect the rest will be rat food before long. :rolleyes: :)

Oh, poot...

Back
Top Bottom