Rick Ware Racing acquires charter.

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Got this press release in my inbox ... Good news here.

Rick Ware Racing acquires Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series charter for 2018

Team looking to line up primary driver and marketing partners

THOMASVILLE, N.C. – Officials from Rick Ware Racing (RWR) announced today that they have acquired a charter from a current Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) team to utilize during the 2018 season.

The acquisition of the charter signifies that RWR will compete full-time in the Cup Series next season with the No. 51 entry beginning with the 60th annual Daytona 500 on Sun, Feb. 18, 2018.

The Thomasville, N.C.-based team also plans to field an “open” car throughout the season with the No. 52 entry.

In addition to gaining a charter, RWR will have the continued support of major associate marketing partners Lilly Trucking, Keen Building Systems, Bubba Burger and Spoonful of Music.

Additionally, RWR is upgrading their current 20,000 square foot shop to include updated equipment and personnel, including engineering support on and off the road.

“Rick Ware Racing is going into our 27th year and we are more excited than ever,” said team principal Rick Ware. “The Lord has blessed us with some great opportunities and alliances.

“We’re dedicated to improving our program from top to bottom during the offseason and with a charter, it brings a lot to the table not only for our drivers but our partners too.

“We’re looking forward to making 2018 one of our best seasons yet.”

To help the team in on-track performance, the team will also be building and acquiring cars throughout the off-season and will have Chevrolet Camaros, Ford Fusions and Toyota Camrys at their disposal throughout the season.

RWR plans to solidify new additional associate marketing partners as well over the next few weeks while finalizing their driver lineup for the No. 51 charter and No. 52 open cars in the immediate future.

Find more information on BUBBA burger® and all of the new products by visitingbubbafoods.com or find them on Facebook at The Official Bubba burger fan page. Twitter: @bubbaburger

For more on Rick Ware Racing, please “like” them on Facebook(Facebook.com/rickwareracing) or visitWareRacing.com.

Looks like they are an equal opportunity organization, so wonderful in this era of political correctness. Or we don't care, we'll drive any damn thing

I wonder if the charter was purchased or leased and who it originated from? Did I read correctly that the team has no driver, no primary sponsors and it will play eenie meany miney mo on which decal they will run each week? Could this be a defacto start and park? Best of luck to them.

I wonder if the charter was purchased or leased and who it originated from? Did I read correctly that the team has no driver, no primary sponsors and it will play eenie meany miney mo on which decal they will run each week? Could this be a defacto start and park? Best of luck to them.

I think they got it from deathbed inc.

I refuse to be negative about a team committing to a full NASCAR schedule.

But I don't do "Gloom and Doom" for everything NASCAR.

I refuse to be negative about a team committing to a full NASCAR schedule.

But I don't do "Gloom and Doom" for everything NASCAR.

I was inquisitive not negative. They are starting a team with no driver or primary sponsor, they are going to shuffle the deck on which brand of car to run but it will likely be all 3 and I wondered if they had purchased or leased the charter and where it originated from. Oh.....and I wondered if the may start and park and run for last place money. If you could point out where I was negative I would be obliged.

I was inquisitive not negative. They are starting a team with no driver or primary sponsor, they are going to shuffle the deck on which brand of car to run but it will likely be all 3 and I wondered if they had purchased or leased the charter and where it originated from. Oh.....and I wondered if the may start and park and run for last place money. If you could point out where I was negative I would be obliged.
LOL

Are you going as a Ray of Sunshine next Hallowe’en?

LOL

Are you going as a Ray of Sunshine next Hallowe’en?

I am hoping someone can point out where I was negative as I would like to hear the reasoning. If I had it to do all over again I think I would have praised their wisdom for using different manufacturers for different races (IDK why but I am sure I could come up with something) Not having a driver at this stage is also wise as there are plenty of fish in the sea and with the season months away it is not necessary to have a driver on board. Primary sponsors would be nice but not having any at this stage will allow them to excel initially and therefore have more lucrative deals come forth....yeah....that's the ticket!

I am hoping someone can point out where I was negative as I would like to hear the reasoning. If I had it to do all over again I think I would have praised their wisdom for using different manufacturers for different races (IDK why but I am sure I could come up with something) Not having a driver at this stage is also wise as there are plenty of fish in the sea and with the season months away it is not necessary to have a driver on board. Primary sponsors would be nice but not having any at this stage will allow them to excel initially and therefore have more lucrative deals come forth....yeah....that's the ticket!
Rick Ware is likely an ok guy. I really don’t know.

Rick Ware is a hack car-owner. It makes no difference who drives the cars, who sponsors them or which one of his fleet of variously badged, second-hand, three or four updates behind the curve racecars he puts out there ... the results will be the same.

The smartest thing he’s done in a while is getting a charter. He’s in the club ... now someone will sell him something that’s only two builds out of date.

No comment on your negativity issue other than to say that I’d guess that people have grown accustomed to that from you. You’re labeled.

Rick Ware is a hack car-owner. It makes no difference who drives the cars, who sponsors them or which one of his fleet of variously badged, second-hand, three or four updates behind the curve racecars he puts out there ... the results will be the same.

The smartest thing he’s done in a while is getting a charter. He’s in the club ... now someone will sell him something that’s only two builds out of date.
any zombie dodges in his fine fleet?

His best finishes last year were by Timmy Hill, 28th and 29th but a charter gets him a bigger purse FWIW

Did I miss the bit about who sold him the charter? That's the only part of this story I'm interested in. I'm guessing BK or Front Row.

EDIT: Never mind. Jayski says Petty leased Ware the #43 charter. Bubba will run the #43 car using the #44 charter. Petty leased out the #44 last year so in '18 they have to use it or lose it. I remember when the limitations on charter leases were announced, someone here wondered if a team could lease out multiple charters on a rotating basis. This would appear to answer the question.

Last edited:
Did I miss the bit about who sold him the charter? That's the only part of this story I'm interested in. I'm guessing BK or Front Row.

EDIT: Never mind. Jayski says Petty leased Ware the #43 charter. Bubba will run the #43 car using the #44 charter. Petty leased out the #44 last year so in '18 they have to use it or lose it. I remember when the limitations on charter leases were announced, someone here wondered if a team could lease out multiple charters on a rotating basis. This would appear to answer the question.

That is good to know as I figured it wasn't a purchased but thank you for confirming it. By the way I felt your post was quite negative.......:D

on other sites,im seeing that Ray Black jrs Dad is the one fronting the cost of the charter (purchased or leased not sure still) and even well respected people on the sites arent sure whats happening now with the charter,driver,sponsor for that car

No comment on your negativity issue other than to say that I’d guess that people have grown accustomed to that from you. You’re labeled.

I suppose anything could happen but I hope I never get to the point that I project upon people and assume so as to cloud the truth. If a person had a lazy mind it would be easy thing to do though.

Perception is reality.

Perception is often the bane of the lazy and used as a substitute for truth in order to fit situations and events around preconceived notions. A regrettable way to go.

on other sites,im seeing that Ray Black jrs Dad is the one fronting the cost of the charter (purchased or leased not sure still) and even well respected people on the sites arent sure whats happening now with the charter,driver,sponsor for that car
The Human Caution Clock.

Back
Top Bottom