Ridin' the storm out, waitin' for the thaw out.....

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Just my luck..... Delivering right now in the Boston Massachusetts area. Hopefully I'll be outta here in about two hours. Only problem is I've got to head directly into this winters first nor'easter. Heading from this location towards western PA. I should have about 7 hours of drive time left on my clock for the day. I hope to make it somewhere near Central PA before shutting down for the storm. Going to sit there until they get the roads cleared.

Anyone else in its path?

Oh, I'm good. Once I'm able to get underway I'm going to fuel up and stop as soon as the roads get snow covered. I'll park till tomorrow when the roads are clear again.

In PA they've already instituted an under 12 ton limit on the turnpike. Unless, it's Covid related materials. Vaccine, medical supplies and the like. I'll be going across i80 if I can get that far today. Going to head from here over towards Scranton, PA to i81 and then down to i80 heading west. The plant I'm at now is very slow. It's normally about a two hour process but I've already been here for almost 3 1/2 hours. They are finally offloading me now. I'm anxious to get in the road to get as far as I can get today.

Oh, I'm good. Once I'm able to get underway I'm going to fuel up and stop as soon as the roads get snow covered. I'll park till tomorrow when the roads are clear again.

In PA they've already instituted an under 12 ton limit on the turnpike. Unless, it's Covid related materials. Vaccine, medical supplies and the like. I'll be going across i80 if I can get that far today. Going to head from here over towards Scranton, PA to i81 and then down to i80 heading west. The plant I'm at now is very slow. It's normally about a two hour process but I've already been here for almost 3 1/2 hours. They are finally offloading me now. I'm anxious to get in the road to get as far as I can get today.

Stay safe DPK.

Thanks for doing what you do.

Yeah not a fun day to be out and about, and this picture was 2 hours ago
20201216_142328.jpg

Tuff down here in Florida today also, 75 and sunshine most of the day where I live, I had to put on shorts and a T shirt, dangit! :mad:
Had a day or two earlier this week when I put on long pants, shirt and tee shirt. First time this year. A friend that used to work for me fifty-five years ago lives in Vero Beach and in a phone call with him a couple of years ago he said if we lived in Florida permanently we would be chilly when the temps got to seventy and below. DAMN!! He was right.

Took way too long to offload today. Didn't make it nearly as far as I'd like as all interstate travel is restricted for commercial vehicles in PA. Must have chains and no empty trailers. I have no chains and I'm empty.

I'm in Newburgh, NY. They are expecting about 15" of snow here. Going to see if things open up in the am. While not normally, 300 miles is a long way from home in these conditions.

Glad you got shut down safely. I was worried about you being empty. I had an unforgetable Thanksgiving eve in an ice storm in Arkansas where I got to see my empty trailer trying to pass me before I got it stopped. Pucker factor 10

Reactions: sdj
Glad you got shut down safely. I was worried about you being empty. I had an unforgetable Thanksgiving eve in an ice storm in Arkansas where I got to see my empty trailer trying to pass me before I got it stopped. Pucker factor 10
No worries. Parked till it's safe to go. I get paid for weather delays so all's good.

Huge accident on i80 southwest of Williamsport, PA this afternoon/evening. 30+ vehicles involved. At least two fatalities. That area was my original destination when I left this morning. My long offload time kept me from making it that far today. Possibly a good thing.....

Back
Top Bottom