Riggs to the #1 in 2004?

D

DirtyMo1381529

According to Jayski, Scott Riggs may be the new driver for the #1 DEI Chevy in 2004 if a sponsor is signed.

I think that this would be awesome. I sure hope that jayski has this rumor right. RIggs is a lot better than jeff green and can really drive a race car.

Now that woudl be a good move for him!!! Nestle is leaving the #10 in the BGN, lets start the rumor that Nestle is going with him to the #1....lol, :D

Anyways that would be a good move for both DEI and Riggs!

wouldnt that be somethin, riggs took over greens car in busch, now possibly taking his cup ride away, i think green may hate him more then harvick now lol

i would finally have a driver i could call my favorite.

really like Riggs, just can't for any reason pull for a FORD !!!!

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Jun 23 2003, 07:45 AM

really like Riggs, just can't for any reason pull for a FORD !!!!
exactly what I was thinking.

With him driving the #1, they might actually be competitive in that car without being at a road course.

Why do they need a sponser? Is Pennzoil offically gone? I say put Boris Said in that car for 2004.

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 23 2003, 10:03 AM
Why do they need a sponser? Is Pennzoil offically gone? I say put Boris Said in that car for 2004.
they aren't officially gone, but they are rumored to be possibly to the #99

I hear AT&T might sponsor the #1, but because Nextel is coming in, I think Nextel will only "grandfather" the sponsors already there such as the Alltell on the 12 or Cingular Wireless on the 31. As for Riggs, when DEI cut Steve Park, DEI just cut young talent so it'll be great to see Riggs up there, a guy I know who will probably win the Nextel Cup in the future. It'll be also great to have more young talent in DEI besides Dale Jr. and Hank Jr. (driving for Dale Jr's Chance 2 team)

Back
Top Bottom