RIP Chris Economaki

His work speaked for itself. He certainly helped the sport grow through his journalism and coverage. RIP.

At the 1979 Daytona 500.

A346LhzCYAAh7qi.jpg:large

Rest in peace. Respect for his work is the best thing I can say, but that isn't enough. A man that loved racing, we all should feel a little related.

If it wasn't for Speed Sport News we in the northeast would have never gotten any news of nascar.
Thanks and RIP

It's a shame he maybe (or may not be) remembered most by his premature calling of Richard Petty's retirement from racing after Petty's bad accident at Daytona in 1988.

RIP.

I had the honor of meeting Chris Economaki in 1958. Economaki was a true race reporter of all venues and a gentleman. If there is a legend in motor sports racing and reporting, Chris Economaki is the epitome.
His death will leave a void no one could possibly fill.

Some tool who did more bad than good gets a thread but Sid Watkins, a man who actually did crap and saved the lives of many, doesn't get a single freaking mention. Rednecks, I tell you...

Some tool who did more bad than good gets a thread but Sid Watkins, a man who actually did crap and saved the lives of many, doesn't get a single freaking mention. Rednecks, I tell you...

Proud redneck here, but how about some citations to support your claim that Economaki did more harm than good. On 2nd thought why not sit on it a week or two, because rednecks believe in respecting others while their mourning a loss, even taking off the cap, or slowing down for funeral processions and the other what nots...

Ole Sid probably respected Economaki as well.

Since the thread is about Chris Economaki, why would there be a mention of Sid Watkins.
However, this in an opportunity to post a thread in memory of the late Dr. Watkins rather than using his fine name as a tool to cast aspersions upon Chris Economaki. I seriously doubt Dr. Watkins would have approved.

I wish I had seen your post sooner. I do not follow F1 and I had no idea who Sid Watkins was. Thank you for pointing out another great person that the racing world has lost.

Now, I hope someone remembers you fondly when you pass. ;)

Back
Top Bottom