RIP David Pearson

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
So sorry to here the news. I don't know if he was the GOAT, but a great case can be made.

Thankful to have seen him race many times including several late model races at GPS.

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
RIP, Silver Fox. You were one of the best.

Brad Keselowski‏Verified account @keselowski
RIP David Pearson. I’d have to say if their was one driver who inspired me the most on the race track it was you. Always gritty, witty and in position at the end when it counted.

Wood Brothers Racing‏Verified account @woodbrothers21
Unbelievably sad day today after hearing of the passing of (one of) THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST #nascar drivers. We wouldn’t be here today without him and we’re thinking of the entire David Pearson family tonight.

Mike Joy‏Verified account @mikejoy500
David made winning look effortless; and was as good a storyteller and partier as he was a driver. He also won in Trans Am against the best road racers of the day.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
David Pearson was one of the all time greats. Anyone who raced him will tell you he was the best. The Silver Fox lived up to his persona on and off the track. What a badass. RIP

Mike Joy‏Verified account @mikejoy500
Richard Petty and David Pearson had an incredible 63 races where one won and the other finished second.

An excellent story from 2015 about David Pearson:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/02/01/david-pearson-silver-fox-stroke-nascar-hall-of-fame/22694267/

Last edited:

DUN24

Skeptical of the Spectacle
RIP Mr. Pearson. Absolute legend who left a very large footprint on the sport.

Wont use this thread to start a debate, but you were the real king in alot of peoples mind.

Formerjackman

Team Owner
David Pearson was one of my ultimate racing heroes. I only got to see him race a time or two at the very end of his career, but I am a huge fan of what he did and how he did it. Tough year for Spartanburg SC, losing their native son DP and adopted son James Hylton in the same year. Rest in peace Silver Fox, you were one of a kind.

dirtguru

Team Owner
IMO the most talented driver to sit behind the wheel of a race car. RIP Pearson. And thanks for all the great memories.

Yogisd1

Resident Retard
Not one of my favorites, but unarguably one of the all time greats. He will be missed.

Kiante

Team Owner
Wish I was able to see Pearson race, easily one of, if not the greatest to do it in NASCAR. RIP to the Silver Fox.

Did Pearson even race a entire season in his prime years?

LewTheShoe

Team Owner
Damn, really sorry to hear this news. What a racer. What a legend. I believe it is folly to rank drivers from different eras, or from different disciplines of racing, against one another. But by any measure, David is up there in the rarefied air at the top of the mountain. Godspeed David Pearson.

Snappy D

2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
Sad news. Wish I had been alive to see him race in his prime years, I'd have to say I think I would have been a fan.

LARRY

Stages! Stages! We don't need no stinking stages!!
Sad news one of our sports best.
And a neet guy.

Top Bottom