RIP David Pearson

So sorry to here the news. I don't know if he was the GOAT, but a great case can be made.

Thankful to have seen him race many times including several late model races at GPS.

RIP, Silver Fox. You were one of the best.

Brad Keselowski‏Verified account @keselowski
RIP David Pearson. I’d have to say if their was one driver who inspired me the most on the race track it was you. Always gritty, witty and in position at the end when it counted.

Wood Brothers Racing‏Verified account @woodbrothers21
Unbelievably sad day today after hearing of the passing of (one of) THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST #nascar drivers. We wouldn’t be here today without him and we’re thinking of the entire David Pearson family tonight.

Mike Joy‏Verified account @mikejoy500
David made winning look effortless; and was as good a storyteller and partier as he was a driver. He also won in Trans Am against the best road racers of the day.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏Verified account @DaleJr
David Pearson was one of the all time greats. Anyone who raced him will tell you he was the best. The Silver Fox lived up to his persona on and off the track. What a badass. RIP

Mike Joy‏Verified account @mikejoy500
Richard Petty and David Pearson had an incredible 63 races where one won and the other finished second.

An excellent story from 2015 about David Pearson:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lver-fox-stroke-nascar-hall-of-fame/22694267/

Last edited:
RIP Mr. Pearson. Absolute legend who left a very large footprint on the sport.

Wont use this thread to start a debate, but you were the real king in alot of peoples mind.

David Pearson was one of my ultimate racing heroes. I only got to see him race a time or two at the very end of his career, but I am a huge fan of what he did and how he did it. Tough year for Spartanburg SC, losing their native son DP and adopted son James Hylton in the same year. Rest in peace Silver Fox, you were one of a kind.

Aww man a true legend, RIP Silver Fox.

IMO the most talented driver to sit behind the wheel of a race car. RIP Pearson. And thanks for all the great memories.

david-pearson-bobby-allison-dual-signed-8x10-photo-psadna-autographed363-t3292897-1070.jpg

Wish I was able to see Pearson race, easily one of, if not the greatest to do it in NASCAR. RIP to the Silver Fox.

Did Pearson even race a entire season in his prime years?

Damn, really sorry to hear this news. What a racer. What a legend. I believe it is folly to rank drivers from different eras, or from different disciplines of racing, against one another. But by any measure, David is up there in the rarefied air at the top of the mountain. Godspeed David Pearson.

Sad news. Wish I had been alive to see him race in his prime years, I'd have to say I think I would have been a fan.

Sad news one of our sports best.
And a neet guy.

Back
Top Bottom