RIP Dolores O'Riordan (The Cramberries lead singer)

I saw a headline about this that caught my eye because she was so young, but I had actually never heard of them. That's a shame. :(

Really? I thought I remember you posting one of their videos. If you're a 90s kid, there is no way you didn't hear them and often.

Really? I thought I remember you posting one of their videos. If you're a 90s kid, there is no way you didn't hear them and often.
Nope, I've never posted a single video of theirs. Like dp, I had never heard of them before today. If I ever heard one of their songs as a kid, I don't remember it. I didn't start listening to or paying any serious attention to music until around 2000 or 2001.

Y'all seriously never heard Zombies or Linger? Smh.

That just seems imposible. Specially Zombie.

I'll take them at their word though. That song was national.

Just like the one hit wonder "I'm Blue" by Eiffel 65. The very annoying repetitive one.

Was shocked to hear it. Grew up in the 90s. HUGE music fan and huge fan of 90s music. I'm a big fan of the 90s Britpop scene, and although The Cranberries were not part of that movement it meant i got exposed to them early. Linger, Zombie, Dreams, Salvation are 90's classics. I love Linger. always have. such an understated song. her vocals on it are great. very pure. REAL. Sad news indeed. seem like in the last year or so there's been quite a few musicians pass on way too young.

I'll take them at their word though. That song was national.

Just like the one hit wonder "I'm Blue" by Eiffel 65. The very annoying repetitive one.

The 90s and early 2000s were full of one hit wonders. Vanessa Carlton comes to mind there, even though her second album was much better than her first.

Y'all seriously never heard Zombies or Linger? Smh.
giphy.gif

Very sad, and only 46, Cranberries fan here, love me the 90's and the music.

The 90s and early 2000s were full of one hit wonders. Vanessa Carlton comes to mind there, even though her second album was much better than her first.
Yes, this, another one of may favorite OHW from the 90's , Flagpole Sitta, Harvey Danger, just off the top of my head. Love me the 90's

That was kind of the point, there were a electronic group which sound was Europop/Euro Dance/Italo Dance style.

They had a follow up hit , "Move Your Body", released Nov 99, it made it to 36 on the Mainstream top 40, but charted #1 in EU and UK and other locals.

This makes me sad to. Been working through her yt interviews and this was the best quality concert vid I could find. Really liked it. They were in top form at this show.

Back
Top Bottom