Robin leaves PE!?!

P

PettyBenson

Pemberton leaves Petty Enterprises? it was reported on Sunday's LTN Network radio show that Robin Pemberton has left Petty Enterprises at Team Manager.(1-6-2003) jayski

I hope this is not true!!! I think that is very well could be, but I have no idea why e would leave. Kyle said the other day that the work Robin has done will not take effect untill this year, you think Robin would stick around to se it work. I kinda wonder if something happened and some people butted heads?
If its true and Robin has left, I hope they get someone who is good to fill the Team Manager spot so that Kyle does not have to go back to that, he needs to focus on driving not running a team.
Just as everything started to look good for PE a huge change happens and not a good change.

UPDATE: Petty Enterprises will further restructure its competitive setup, as part of the earlier announcements regarding its two full-time NASCAR Winston Cup teams and the Winston Cup-Busch-ARCA team of driver Christian Fittipaldi. As part of that structuring, Robin Pemberton will not return in 2003. "We really appreciate the knowledge and experience Robin brought to our race teams, and wish him nothing but the best as he continues his career," said Kyle Petty, CEO of Petty Enterprises. "We know he will be successful in anything he does, and we will continue working to bring that same type of success to all of our teams."(Williams Company)(1-6-2003)

HUMM??
Now it kinda sounds like he was let go? I wonder if this was only a 1 year deal? From that comment from Kyle I still see no reason why he left exsecpt restructure

very surprising that hes gone, wonder where hes gonna end up?

There is two rumors of what happend.
Both of them very well cold have.
One of them is that Robin Hired 2 people from penske to help with the modern day racing and Richard did not like the new style of racing, and heads collided and Robins went out the door.
If thats what happend, i am sad to be a Petty Fan. Richard gave up the rights to how the team runs when he let Kyle take over. If kyle had no problem with the 2 guys then Richard should have let it go. Richard comes out to be the bad guy in that one.

Th eother rumor is that Kyle and Richard wanted the future of the 44 to go one way and Robin wanted it to go another way. And they could not come to terms, andRobin left.
I don't belive that one much, bc if it was just a matter of opinion then Petty's should get there way and Robin as the employee do what they say and get over it.

IMO if either of those happened it was just Big Head got in the way.
Its just a day away from winter testing and this should not have happend. Kyle sounded very optimistic about PE's future
Thankfully it did not happen the day before the 500.

Then one other thing is CF possibly has been released from PE. That just makes the second reason even more confusing.
I don't think that one is true, i think someone got confused on the APR one race deal.

I was lookign forward to the 2003 season for PE, now i am not sure. At least Johnny has a good car.( maybe I should not have said that:eek: )

I just have been puzzled today with all the PE news, I thought today all the news I would hear about PE would be from Monster garage tonight instead its been a full day of PE news

Back
Top Bottom