Robin Miller on IndyCar broadcasting - an open letter to ABC

S

SuperTex14

"The key to success, in my eyes, is to make the telecast sound like a few hours of bench racing between friends who love and understand the product. And to make it FUN because, after all, it's entertainment. Chemistry in the booth is the key and I'm not real sure it can be created, as opposed to having it naturally."

Read the article here.

Well, that would mean firing Eddie Cheever because he has no friends.

Really wonder what they are going to do for the lead play-by-play man now that Marty Reid is no longer with ESPN/ABC. A few folks writing into RM's Mailbag have suggested bringing Paul Page back. I love Paul Page, the voice of the "good old days" to me, but he must be a bit older in age at this point, don't know how much longer he would want to do it.

Put Paul, Wally, and Robin in the booth.

Wally and Kyle on TNT are my favorites - sure hope they end up on NBCSN's NASCAR coverage. Not a fan of Adam Alexander on PxP though.

I remember Dan Weldon was pretty good when he hung out in the announcer's booth between rides. He could have had a broadcasting career. He had enthusiasm.

"The key to success, in my eyes, is to make the telecast sound like a few hours of bench racing between friends who love and understand the product. And to make it FUN because, after all, it's entertainment. Chemistry in the booth is the key and I'm not real sure it can be created, as opposed to having it naturally."

Read the article here.

If the racing is good then the series is successful no matter how bad the booth screws it up IMO
After all I put up with Kyle Petty to watch a Nascar race :)

Back
Top Bottom