Ron Dennis forced out at McLaren

LewTheShoe

Seeking Skill-based Meritocracy... More HP Less DF
McLaren chairman Ron Dennis has been forced to step down from his role and involvement with the F1 team after a board meeting at Woking on Tuesday.

Dennis had been fighting for his future for several weeks with fellow board members unhappy about the impact his management of the McLaren Technology Group was having on the grand prix outfit.

Matters reached a head on Tuesday when Dennis confirmed that after 35 years at the helm of the operation he was being put on gardening leave.

But in a defiant statement, Dennis claimed the reasons for his departure were "spurious" as he pledged to create his own new technology fund.

Dennis will retain his shareholding and positions on the board for now.

( Link to article )

I just want to add that I am saddened by this news of Ron Dennis being ousted by his partners. I have never been a big McLaren fan, but always held highest respect for that team. So many years at the top. Their performance has been terrible for a few years now, but McLaren kept it together for an incredible span of time.

I also felt the same way when Ferrari forced Luca di Montezemolo to step down. I feel Ferrari would be better off now if he still was in charge. Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom